Author Topic: Fillcan Update - Reformatted, Optimized, RTB-Compatible Fillcan  (Read 3830 times)

http://www.host-a.net/u/MegaScience/Tool_Fill_Can.zip

I have just spent a few hours going over the Fillcan's code and optimizing it. I have added the RTB Hook to set Fillcan limit; combined the color, colorFX, and shapeFX commands into one; added a %type to lists instead of rechecking the type; and above all reformatted it to be more pleasant to the eye. I have tested it, and it works as far as filling bricks, vehicles, and people goes. However, I am unsure if it works completely, which is why I am posting it here for additional modification where needed by another user. Once whoever decides to finish up corrections to this is finished, perhaps Ephialtes could submit this as an official Fillcan update. Any opinions?

They may take credit for whatever work is done, as well. Remember that this is Zor's Mod, upgraded by Hit man, and now I have modified it further. This could be considered an uncoordinated group project at this point.

Edit: 12:55 AM EST, 11/10/11: Fixed random faces. Forgot to change some variables, so it was setting default. Should work now.

Edit2: I've been told my version seems to be less laggy. I did reduce a few oddities in the coding, not many. Could anyone confirm if there is any noticeable reduction in lag? Also, I have not modified the brick limit code pertaining to admins and super admins. This means they always fill up to 128000 bricks. Would it be better to apply more hooks for admins and super admins separately, and then give the host the 128000 limit instead?

Edit3: 1:19 AM EST, 11/11/11: Fixed and added more RTB Pref Hooks for Hosts, Super Admins, Admins, and Normal Players. Having the ability to set how many bricks are filled even for the Host is meant to control just how much the Host wants the server to lag at one time when using it. Only the host can modify Super Admin and Host limits. I'm borrowing RTB's method for identifying the host.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 12:08:51 AM by MegaScientifical »

Note to self: Never change the red on the Golden Gate build to white with Rainbow ColorFX and Undulo ShapeFX. Lags like a bitch.

So It's not supposed to do random faces? :c

So It's not supposed to do random faces? :c

In the code, I found that using FX paints on players gives them random faces, and vehicles random colors. The face list is limited to defaults, and it would seem it'd mess up bots since they don't always have a client to return to normal with. So I was hoping someone else could tie up the loose ends, maybe make it more efficient, and get it put out as an official update. Would you do it?

If you're confused about my random faces statement, I changed the way it listed default faces from $face* to $Pref::fillCan::face* and forgot to change it in the actual command. But that works now.

Note to self: Never change the red on the Golden Gate build to white with Rainbow ColorFX and Undulo ShapeFX. Lags like a bitch.
Go for transparent white with those two FX. Got me down to 6 FPS with it all on screen at once.

http://www.host-a.net/u/MegaScience/Tool_Fill_Can.zip

I have just spent a few hours going over the Fillcan's code and optimizing it. I have added the RTB Hook to set Fillcan limit; combined the color, colorFX, and shapeFX commands into one; added a %type to lists instead of rechecking the type; and above all reformatted it to be more pleasant to the eye. I have tested it, and it works as far as filling bricks, vehicles, and people goes. However, I am unsure if it works completely, which is why I am posting it here for additional modification where needed by another user. Once whoever decides to finish up corrections to this is finished, perhaps Ephialtes could submit this as an official Fillcan update. Any opinions?

They may take credit for whatever work is done, as well. Remember that this is Zor's Mod, upgraded by Hit man, and now I have modified it further. This could be considered an uncoordinated group project at this point.

Edit: 12:55 AM EST, 11/10/11: Fixed random faces. Forgot to change some variables, so it was setting default. Should work now.

Edit2: I've been told my version seems to be less laggy. I did reduce a few oddities in the coding, not many. Could anyone confirm if there is any noticeable reduction in lag? Also, I have not modified the brick limit code pertaining to admins and super admins. This means they always fill up to 128000 bricks. Would it be better to apply more hooks for admins and super admins separately, and then give the host the 128000 limit instead?
Confirmed: A whole lot less laggy everyone seems to have no problems with lag and I have noticed my console stopped getting spammed with new fillcan.

I could care less if the Fill Can painted players and vehicles.

I could care less if the Fill Can painted players and vehicles.

It was already part of the Add-On. It's not like I added it, if anything I was mentioning I fixed it after breaking temporarily.

Edit3: 1:19 AM EST, 11/11/11: Fixed and added more RTB Pref Hooks for Hosts, Super Admins, Admins, and Normal Players. Having the ability to set how many bricks are filled even for the Host is meant to control just how much the Host wants the server to lag at one time when using it. Only the host can modify Super Admin and Host limits. I'm borrowing RTB's method for identifying the host.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 12:08:38 AM by MegaScientifical »

What else can be done with this to make it more efficient?

What else can be done with this to make it more efficient?
Set a time limit for how long it takes for bricks to be fully fillcanned.

Set a time limit for how long it takes for bricks to be fully fillcanned.

The whole thing works on a for loop. To do that, I'd have to make it more inefficient, with schedules and stuff.

Does anyone believe in change?