Author Topic: Is Heedicalking even aware of what a fort wars is meant to be?  (Read 4301 times)

Last night, I was on Blockland searching for a good fort wars server. I came across a server called "Heedicalking's Team Fort Wars". I figured a fort wars made by Heedicalking would be AWESOME, since he is quite famous on Blockland.

After minutes of loading after joining the server, I discovered that I just spawned in a pre-built base wearing white with blue accessories and a pistol in my inventory. I thought "Is this really Heedicalking's idea of a fort wars?" When I got outside the base, I attempted to plant a brick, but the client told me I'm not allowed to build on the server. So, from the way things looked, it wasn't a fort wars after all. It was just another one of those normal TDMs Heedicalking-style.

I said stuff like asking if Heedicalking is even aware of what a fort wars is supposed to be, then I left. When I got onto Blockland today and attempted to re-enter Heedicalking's Team "Fort Wars", I found out I was perma-banned with the reason "i host what i like and i don't care!"

So, yeah. Heedicalking is NOT aware of what a fort wars is.

Last night, I was on Blockland searching for a good fort wars server. I came across a server called "Heedicalking's Team Fort Wars". I figured a fort wars made by Heedicalking would be AWESOME, since he is quite famous on Blockland.

After minutes of loading after joining the server, I discovered that I just spawned in a pre-built base wearing white with blue accessories with nothing but a pistol in my inventory. I thought "Is this really Heedicalking's idea of a fort wars?" When I got outside the base, I attempted to plant a brick, but the client told me I'm not allowed to build on the server. So, from the way things looked, it wasn't a fort wars after all. It was just another one of those normal TDMs Heedicalking-style.

I said stuff like asking if Heedicalking is even aware of what a fort wars is supposed to be, then I left. When I got onto Blockland today and attempted to re-enter Heedicalking's Team "Fort Wars", I found out I was perma-banned with the reason "i host what i like and i don't care!"

So, yeah. Heedicalking is NOT aware of what a fort wars is.

Whoops. Accidently hit "quite" instead of "modify".

There is no modify...Only quote.

There is no modify...Only quote.

Yes, and that leaded you into a triple post too.

On a second node, I also been there, and I also been disappointed, but not that much. I mean, "fort wars" could mean wars between two forts, not really a war where people create their own forts. (Even if this is what the term is commonly used for on Blockland).

However, I don't see that much of a problem with that.

What I do hate however is his ignorance. He seems to build while we play, and if someone gets in his way accidentally he permanently bans them (Not me, but I seen in the chat that he banned someone for such a reason while I was there).

Also the builds are very unequal. While blue has a nice fortified base, the red thing can't even be called a base.

I am also annoyed that I seen blue people in the red vehicles, and when I tried to get into blue vehicles (as red) I couldn't, since they are team-limited.

Anything I said to Heed made him ignore me (He didn't give me any response).

Not to mention the big amount of guns you can choose from. (A pistol, a medic kit and a Pipe Wrench which no one seems to use).

Also, while I was playing he went all "We surrender". Not something I would've expected from Heedicalking.

Anyway, that server currently disappoints me.

Heed's server greatly disappoints me.

Blue's base is magnificent, Red's sucks. Blue has good guns, Red's guns suck. Blue has good vehicles, Red's suck.

Anyone else see a pattern?

Heed's server greatly disappoints me.

Blue's base is magnificent, Red's sucks. Blue has good guns, Red's guns suck. Blue has good vehicles, Red's suck.

Anyone else see a pattern?

Yes. I felt that exact way too.

People have come to expect that any server with the words "fort" and "wars" in the title are supposed to be a free-for-all in which players build their own stuff, etc.  There was never any official event which established this.  Just because he decides to name his server "Fort Wars" doesn't mean that he is required to adhere to the norm which players have decided for themselves is the correct way of doing things.

Regarding the blue base being superior to the red base, this is going to happen one way or another when asymmetrical builds are used in an asymmetrical map.  People always join Heed's server and complain about this base or that base being better.  "They have better weapons!  They have better vehicles!"  It is inescapable.  The only way to avoid such complaints would be to use bases which are exact duplicates of each other and host them on slate/plate, which would be boring.

One team is naturally going to have an advantage over the other in certain aspects...it goes without saying. I appreciate the server for this reason because it forces players to use the other team's weaknesses against them or to play up your team's strengths.

You seem to be focusing on the assumption that Heed doesn't know what a fort war is, My guess is that it was just a half baked build with very little thought put into a couple of buildings and a server just thrown together to pass the time. You should be focusing on the ban he instigated instead, because this drama topic sounds more like you complaining on how a server doesn't please you.

to be able to build there you just have to ask and not be completely handicapped

it's a fort wars because the bases weren't built all by 1 person. instead of asking to build you went of some nooby philosophic rant about what a fort wars is meant to be. everyone just goes all "wow this isn't a fort wars i can't build a fort" instead of asking "can i build a fort". and i don't care about equality. there's no fun if both teams are the same. i've won as red numerous times, you noobs just complain about everything you can. the server was thrown together after slopes went red and i felt like hosting.

yea the 42 people yesterday seemed to be having tons of fun but it's not my job to make everyone happy. if you don't like my server that's ok with me because you don't have to. but telling me how to host, yea you don't do that. i'm open to suggestions but not noob rant. i am well aware of red base being under done and it's being fixed, but i'm not making exact same bases and exact same guns.
1/13/11   13:42:53   blu man   26847   im stuck
11/13/11   13:43:06   final kingdom65   29635   how you put music on
11/13/11   13:43:10   elias   31457   yea
11/13/11   13:43:18   blu man   26847   trying but jeeps in my ass
11/13/11   13:43:21   Isaac Fox   27967   I don't think Heedicalking is even aware of what a fort wars server is.
11/13/11   13:43:27   Crystalwarrior   29019   Lol
11/13/11   13:43:38   hamilton   32049   un lock
11/13/11   13:43:38   blu man   26847   cants its locked
11/13/11   13:43:40   Tingalz   11532   ban Isaac Fox, hes a furry
11/13/11   13:43:43   final kingdom65   29635   were stuck
11/13/11   13:43:43   Crystalwarrior   29019   I wish there was a mod to have an area where only people could build
11/13/11   13:43:49   Isaac Fox   27967   Suck one, Tingalz.
11/13/11   13:43:55   Tingalz   11532   ok
11/13/11   13:44:03   hamilton   32049   drive fowerd
11/13/11   13:44:08   Crystalwarrior   29019   Lol!
11/13/11   13:44:11   blu man   26847   WONT loving OUBLOCK DUMMBASS
11/13/11   13:44:19   final kingdom65   29635   ....
11/13/11   13:44:23   Crystalwarrior   29019   Whats wrong?
11/13/11   13:44:35   hamilton   32049   some one get a gravity gun
11/13/11   13:44:36   Crystalwarrior   29019   Youre stuck?
11/13/11   13:44:43   Crystalwarrior   29019   I think I fixed it
11/13/11   13:44:46   blu man   26847   I CANT
11/13/11   13:44:54   ThatTastySandwich   11835   Im humping a tree. what prize do I get?
11/13/11   13:45:00   Crystalwarrior   29019   A snake hat
11/13/11   13:45:18   elias   31457   red
11/13/11   13:45:26   ThatTastySandwich   11835   rawr
11/13/11   13:45:30   Isaac Fox   27967   Yup. Heedicalking doesn't know what a fort wars server is really meant to be.
11/13/11   13:45:32   Takuion   10542   say /lock
11/13/11   13:45:40   blu man   26847   DRIVE
11/13/11   13:45:49   Crystalwarrior   29019   INTRUDER
i host what i want i don't really care what some noob tells me. play and have fun (or not), if you want to rant to me use RTB because no one in the chat cares about your crap.
that's why i really hate when most forums noobs join, because all they seem to do is complain about everything.

if you need me just look at the top of the server list, i'm usually there.

Also, while I was playing he went all "We surrender". Not something I would've expected from Heedicalking.
also fun related story (but not related to dumb drama). when the blue base was first being built, we spawned a grey truck and surrendered to blue and dropped our guns. i was originally going to drive back because i'm not usually one to give in to the other team, but was taken in as well. before we got there, a few attempted to revolt but were gunned down. we were all thrown into a jail where numerous red players already sat (we were red). then without notice, teammates pulled out their guns and rioted out of the blue jail before being killed off. yelling out "we surrender" was basically just a reference to that incident which i'm pretty sure you missed.

currently planning to remake colonies mod which is sort of like the fort wars mr fox wanted. stay tuned!

are you-
no

it said team fortwars you dimwit
that means two teams fight each other
building permission is given to competent players who know how to build and that heed trusts
he trusts me, therefore i can build things.
I built both the warehouse base and the mountain village base on his big capture point tdm on slopes.

why? because he trusts me.
you are very silly.

also fun related story (but not related to dumb drama). when the blue base was first being built, we spawned a grey truck and surrendered to blue and dropped our guns. i was originally going to drive back because i'm not usually one to give in to the other team, but was taken in as well. before we got there, a few attempted to revolt but were gunned down. we were all thrown into a jail where numerous red players already sat (we were red). then without notice, teammates pulled out their guns and rioted out of the blue jail before being killed off. yelling out "we surrender" was basically just a reference to that incident which i'm pretty sure you missed.

Well, sorry then. It's the first time joining your server.

Also, I don't really like the fact you advertised your server. But seeing you backfired on Isaac (?) it could go.. I have no idea.

lol tingalz in that chat