Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 726823 times)

Surprise! The shiny Rayquaza event that Australia got yesterday is suddenly available for North America as well. The difference, however, is that it's received via Mystery Gift instead of a code card from a retailer. End date is unknown. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire only.

speaking of shinies, is anyone doing any hunts recently? i tried for honedge for a long time, took a break and got a sheer force shiny totodile after two days.... back to honedge...

speaking of shinies, is anyone doing any hunts recently? i tried for honedge for a long time, took a break and got a sheer force shiny totodile after two days.... back to honedge...
shiny aegislash is kickass

These are the ones I've bred so far

I'm currently sitting at about 2,700 non-shiny Tentacool though

lmfao no way
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:20:49 AM by Regulith »

lol I dexnav chained for a shiny tentacool because I think it looks rad

edit: i've also chained for a shiny trapinch but i never did since he's so limited in both oras and xy
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:19:34 PM by Niff »

These are the ones I've bred so far

I'm currently sitting at about 2,700 non-shiny Tentacool though

lmfao no way

i like how im trying to get a honedge and a gardevoir and already got the goodra. we must have similar tastes ;)

congrats btw

lol I dexnav chained for a shiny tentacool because I think it looks rad

edit: i've also chained for a shiny trapinch but i never did since he's so limited in both oras and xy

i feel like if its not my first playthrough or a nuzlocke, wild shinies feel like garbage to me. ive gotten so spoiled with bred shinies.

I hate breeding for shinies

I find wild shinies easier to find and if its not for battle then idk what stats it has.

I know it's an ancient complaint, but when will Nintendo put in a ban on requesting legendaries for normal pokemon on the gts?
Or atleast a filter for legendaries?
All I wanted was to get a couple of opposite version exclusives. :/

It's stupid that there should be hardly any exclusive-exclusive trades on there.
Instead it's easier to initiate your own trade.

I know it's an ancient complaint, but when will Nintendo put in a ban on requesting legendaries for normal pokemon on the gts?
Or atleast a filter for legendaries?
All I wanted was to get a couple of opposite version exclusives. :/

It's stupid that there should be hardly any exclusive-exclusive trades on there.
Instead it's easier to initiate your own trade.

they have a filter for the "mythical" legendaries. in the bottom left corner you can filter "special" pokemon. being mew, celebi, hoopa, diancie... etc.

The worst part is that people are still allowed to request Pokemon that either can't exist (an evolution before the level it evolves) or can't be sent to the GTS (certain event legendaries)

they have a filter for the "mythical" legendaries. in the bottom left corner you can filter "special" pokemon. being mew, celebi, hoopa, diancie... etc.
I hadn't spotted that. Thank you.
Kind of weird that it's an option before you search, rather than one of the filters available in the search results.
The worst part is that people are still allowed to request Pokemon that either can't exist (an evolution before the level it evolves) or can't be sent to the GTS (certain event legendaries)
On top of that are just generally stuff trades, of which there are hundreds.
You're trading away a level 4, freshly caught, male seedot. Of course I'll give you a level 70-80 female lombre!!

Is it just people pratting around on GTS and never returning to claim their joke pokemon, or do hundreds of people honestly not know the worth of their pokemon??

Ask for a version exclusive from the same version :y

Following a meeting about the future of Pokémon this morning, The Pokémon Company announced a brand new project, Pokémon GO, launching in 2016.

Pokémon GO is set to be an augmented reality game developed by Niantic Inc., founded by Google Earth co-creator John Hanke and creator of popular ARMMO Ingress, in an attempt to bring Pokémon closer to being in the real world. Utilizing Android and Apple smart phones, trainers will be able to seek out wild Pokémon using GPS data, trade and battle with others, and participate in large-scale community events.

The optional Pokémon GO Plus peripheral will connect via bluetooth to your phone, notifying you via light and vibration when something of interest is nearby so you don't have to constantly watch your screen. The button in the center can be used to perform certain simple actions, the only example being "catching a Pokémon".

Junichi Masuda will be assisting with the project as well, making sure it stays true to the spirit of Pokémon and finding ways to tie it in with the main series of games, much like the Pokéwalker.

The only potentially bad news is that the current plan for Pokémon GO is for it to be free-to-play with in-app purchases.

You can watch the trailer here. While it obviously stretches the truth of what the real game will be like, such a game may not be too far off.

Has anyone else gotten obsessed with berry growing in OR/AS?
I find myself striving to have loads of each type of berry even though I hardly use them as items in battle, and don't really care about pokeblocks and contests.