Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 729061 times)

pokemon: global offensive

pokemon go looks amazing, I could imagine everyone making their own custom tournaments around the globe

This month's CoroCoro has revealed multiple new forms for Zygarde alongside announcements for a new anime series called "Pokémon XY&Z" and the next Mega Evolution special.

Zygarde takes different forms depending on how much power it has. The small green blob we've been seeing glimpses of is the Zygarde Core, and the similar flat variant is a Zygarde Cell. Each Core or Cores makes up the "brain" of a Zygarde, while the Cells make up the rest.

As Zygarde rises to 10% power, it takes on a dog-like form, which has sharp teeth and can move at incredible speeds.

At 50% power, it reaches the form we've come to know from X&Y, the flat snake-like Pokémon.

Finally, at full power, it reaches its Perfect Form. Zygarde's Perfect Form is classified as a System Pokémon, is 4.5m/14¾ft tall (somewhat shorter than its previous form), and retains its Dragon/Ground type. It reportedly exceeds Yveltal and Xerneas in power.

Click for larger

The odd-looking Greninja is supposedly a purely cosmetic change for the anime to make it look more like Ash.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 09:12:20 AM by Regulith »

omg that all looks great

You have to be a real stuff to block off your secret base's flag with objects and teammates.
What's the benefit?

no one can steal ur flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually the real richard move is to hide your player somewhere unreachable so I can't talk to them and get my free furniture.

no one can steal ur flag furniture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone will finally realize I'm a nerd with my Pokémon GO but it'll be worth it

Everyone will finally realize I'm a nerd with my Pokémon GO but it'll be worth it
i'll even walk more!!

The Pokemon website has officially released information about the new Zygarde forms, including officially-translated descriptions and official art:

Zygarde Cell
This stage has been identified as the single Cells that make up Zygarde. Cells do not possess any will or thought processes. They're found scattered throughout the region. Since they can't use any moves, researchers question whether they can even be called Pokémon!

Zygarde Core
At this stage, this aspect of Zygarde is little more than a part of the Pokémon's brain. Unlike the Cells, the Cores are self-aware and can communicate with Cells and other Cores via telepathy. When a change occurs in the local region's ecosystem, Cores have been known to take action.

Zygarde 10% Forme
Zygarde 10% is the Forme that the Zygarde Core takes when it gathers 10% of the Cells nearby. Capable of traveling over 60 mph (100 km/h), it defeats enemies with its sharp fangs and its incredible speed.

Zygarde 50% Forme
This Legendary Pokémon watches over and maintains the local ecosystem. Until recently, this was the only known Forme of Zygarde. In actuality, this Forme only has 50% of the Cells in its structure.

Zygarde Complete Forme
This is the perfect Forme that Zygarde takes when the Core gathers 100% of the Cells. When the ecosystem is under threat, and the Core concludes that the 50% Forme will be unable to deal with it, the Core takes on the Complete Forme. Its power is said to be greater than that of the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal!

The explanation for Greninja's new appearance in the anime leads to some more questions, possibly related to AZ's Floette:

Ash-Greninja
Plus, Ash's Greninja takes on a mysterious new appearance in the latest season! Ash-Greninja is the form that Greninja takes when the bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit. The strength of their bond changes Greninja's appearance, and it takes on the characteristic look of Ash's attire. This phenomenon is also said to have happened just once several hundred years ago in the Kalos region, but it remains shrouded in mystery.

Additional pages of CoroCoro have been revealed as well regarding Super Mystery Dungeon, mostly including some special events and stating that it will be the largest Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game to date.

So considering the bond between Ash and his Pikachu, if he were to evolve into a Raichu, would it look like Ash?

See Zygarde in action in the Japanese trailer for the upcoming anime series XY&Z

So considering the bond between Ash and his Pikachu, if he were to evolve into a Raichu, would it look like Ash?

A lot of people are joking about this but it's definitely a good question

Assuming Floette is the Pokemon the description is talking about, it didn't have to evolve into Florges to change appearance with AZ, so Pikachu being unevolved seems like an unlikely reason

Yet this is only the second case of something like that ever happening, so you'd think a Pokemon that has a stronger bond with Ash like Pikachu would experience that phenomenon before Greninja (but of course that would be tampering with the series mascot)

I guess the explanation could be that it only happens with certain Pokemon or under the effects of something special in Kalos (alternatively, Greninja is one of the most popular Pokemon right now and was the second choice for a cosmetic change to excite viewers)

I would guess it's unique to greninja, given their froggy nature, as some frogs can change colour.

But then it's odd that other frog pokemon don't do the same, like politoed and other camouflaging-animal based pokemon, like kecleon.