Author Topic: New Block City [Development Thread]  (Read 11070 times)

I was inspired by Antares' GTT: Viano City, by it's idea of a small (as in, not as huge as say, a GSF City map.) city map, but with a lot of detail and room for practical things to be done.
So, what I decided to do is to make a small NY-styled blocko city map,

This is the part of the map I'm currently working on, right now it's a road corner with a small marina and a few snazzy lampposts, the textures are not quite done yet, so it's mostly grey right now, but I promise to add a reasonable amount of color when it's finished!
I want to give the city as much character as possible, hot dog stands, various parodies of real-life buildings, construction sites, you probably get the idea.
Anyway, discuss, suggestions and criticism are appreciated!

That looks really nice so far. 

I agree, the design of the dock looks great too, planning on having ships trading harbor to harbor?

I agree, the design of the dock looks great too, planning on having ships trading harbor to harbor?
There would be at least three islands, so most probably, the docks would be much bigger than the marina seen here.
Also, here's a W.I.P of a restaurant.

Is it aligned with the brick grid?

Is it aligned with the brick grid?
Yes, it's aligned properly, the only parts that you wouldn't be able to build on/near are ideally the rounded-off corners of buildings or pavements.

Here's some drafts of the other areas on the island (there will be three islands)
This is the harbor, It's small, but remember that I'm keeping this to quality, not quantity, lots more detail will be added later when I get the main structure of the islands done.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 12:27:21 PM by Aphtonites »

Looks really good so far.

Sweet looking, hope you don't encounter the same problems as Antares.

Sweet looking, hope you don't encounter the same problems as Antares.
What where those?

What where those?
His map would turn all green from a distance, and some other problem, I believe it regarded crashing

I love the progress being done on this, excellent work

Finally, you are back to mapping! You should probably leave some empty lots so people could build their own stuff too.

Finally, you are back to mapping! You should probably leave some empty lots so people could build their own stuff too.
This. also, add some lights around the map, don't leave it like GSF Ghost had it

and before I forget, WHAT PROGRAM DID YOU USE O.O

Haha, im pretty sure antares' map made you want to make one too :P

Haha, im pretty sure antares' map made you want to make one too :P
It was the first thing he said...