Author Topic: King Leo travels - Another Cathedral + Borgund Church saves!!  (Read 27002 times)

that's the good part. c:
lol
I would be fun though. I might do that sometime. But first I've got to finish the current project.

This weeks landmark is nothing big or fancy, but it's famous nonetheless. It should be pretty easy to guess.

Week 3 : Itsukushima Torii - Hatsukaichi, Japan

Itsukushima Shrine (Japanese: Itsukushima-jinja) is a Shinto shrine on the island of Itsukushima (popularly known as Miyajima) in the city of Hatsukaichi in Hiroshima Prefecture in Japan. The shrine complex is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the Japanese government has designated several buildings and possessions as National Treasures.

The shrine's signature red entrance gate, or torii, was built over the water, so that it appeared to float, separate from the land, and therefore existed in a liminal state between the sacred and the profane. Commoners had to steer their boats through the torii before approaching the shrine.

SAVE:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fu6of9eqfmwe6fe
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:46:37 AM by King Leo »

I'm not sure what it's called, but I'll just say Miyajima arch

That is one of the names for it.

Mount Rushmore sometime?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:06:44 PM by jes00 »

Close enough. It's the Torii (literally "gate") to the Itsukushima Shrine on the island of Itsukushima (also known as Miyajima)

Close enough. It's the Torii (literally "gate") to the Itsukushima Shrine on the island of Itsukushima (also known as Miyajima)
Yeah. I saw that they where called Toriis but I was too lazy to write that.
Heheheh. Tory. Them and their Harper.

Legit

Jeez, you're good at structures.

Makes me want to go somewhere.

Heheheh. Tory. Them and their Harper.
I had no idea what you were talking about.. I kinda came to the conclusion that you are a Canadian and were refering to your PE :P

Makes me want to go somewhere.
I know, right? Traveling is fun!

Mount Rushmore sometime?
Hmmm, interesting. Maybe :P

Week 3 Bonus! : Random Japanese pagoda

This is just a random little build I started building on KINEX's build-off server, but which I never finished. The Itsukushima Torii got me interested in japanese architecture, so I decided to finish it. It turned out pretty nice in my opinion, so I decided to share it here. I didn't spend any time on the interior or terrain, but some of you might appreciate it anyways.

The build uses default bricks except for the windows.

The SAVE can be downloaded here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6xo3jfhaxq5a779
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:46:58 AM by King Leo »

Loved the tower, DLed it.

Sydney Opera House
DOITDOITDOIT

Absolutley amazing, this is the first time I've seen well-built traditional Asian architecture.

Sydney Opera House
DOITDOITDOIT
I thought about it very much actually. The roof is a pain in the butt though.
I currently have three (semi)completed builds in the holding tank, so you won't see it anytime soon..