Author Topic: random vector stuff  (Read 3795 times)

NOW OFFICIALLY my topic for all the random stuff I make with Adobe Illustrator, hence the title

C-14B Impaler Variant

As a variant of the C-14 Impaler, this weapon boasts improved accuracy and bullet entry, at the cost of increased recoil and reduction of the rounds per second to 25, albeit improving the fire rate slightly. It is designed mainly as a heavy troop weapon, and the compartment under the main barrel can hold a modified mortar round.

Made entirely using Adobe Illustrator. The blue section in the rear part of the rifle should be the same color as the background (ie it's hollow).

C-14C Concussor

Although tagged as a variant of the C-14 Impaler, this weapon differs in significant ways from its predecessor. The weapon designers chose to focus more on the weapon accuracy and entry, giving it a built-in targeting adjustment holoscope as well as a liquid coolant system to allow for sustained fire. The rounds per second was cut to 15, and a dampener system installed in the back to compensate for the excessive recoil produced by the shells, which even the CMC armor could not withstand. The entry ability of the bullets, however, was increased to 9 inches of solid steel, making it a valuable weapon for heavily armored targets. Its basic design is quite decieving, causing some doubt in soldiers when it comes to usage.

Comments, suggestions, and criticism is welcome.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:57:34 PM by Conan »

25 rounds per second? That's pretty exaggerated. Nice drawing though very good.

Looks like Frog's Weapon Pack.

Good job.

It fires a beam of solid lead; hence the name, the impaler.

The standard C-14 Impaler (linked in the description) fires at 30 RPS. Yes it's quite high but it's Starcraft II

Currently trying to model these and failing.

goddamnit blender how the forget do you even make a new block
time for tutorial

Wow those images were much too large, and there is a much better one out now as an actual addon.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:43:16 PM by xxjpxx »

i like everything except the awkward turtle

turtles are bad

Here is my mediocre attempt

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Qwo2u.png[/img

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iofCg.png[/img
that's pretty close to what I was thinking. You're missing the ridge in the center of the gun as well as the cooling slits, and the barrel exit should be a hexagon (and the back bar supports). The grip should be a beveled on the front sides to add a sense of roundness, and the top part should actually be a sort of hollow arch (blocky). It's meant as a large mounted holographic scope.

Clip could use the grooves too.

i like everything except the awkward turtle

turtles are bad
IT'S A loving TORTOISE- oh wait that means my text is incorrect
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:08:33 PM by Conan »

tortoises are the brother of turtles who go "oh god i wish i didnt know that guy"

they're pretty cool and they hang out with ducks

Snapping turtles are known to take off/seriously injure swimmer's toes sometimes.

THIS JUST IN: CONCUSSOR NOW AN ADD-ON.

I like your skills man