Luigi's Mansion (WIP)

Author Topic: Luigi's Mansion (WIP)  (Read 12555 times)

Luigi's Mansion
This is an off and on project that I have been working on, alone, for well over a year with my spare time. It is a remake of Luigi's Mansion from the game Luigi's Mansion for the Gamecube. It stands firm as one of my favorite games in the Nintendo library. I decided to build this in my love of the game and it's atmosphere.

It's not all done (as the name states), and its not my best work in certain areas due to a massive time lapse, but so far I enjoy this re-creation. Before you spend about 5 minuets looking at everything, mind you I didn't actually get around to capturing all of what I really have.. sorry bout that.
So far, the Basement, most of the 1st floor, and part of the 2nd, are completed.

I'm staring from the basement up.

Warning: This is quite Image Heavy. Watch out!

Basement: Complete
Basement Stairs: Never liked how hard it was to take pictures of stairs..

Generator Room:

Basement Hall:

The Freezer:

The Sewage Room:
'Oh aint' that just fancy!'

The Shrine/ End Boss Room: Even got the crawl space Lion head.

First Floor: 70% Done
The Lobby: Should have been the first picture, but I do stuff in order!

The Laundry Room:

The Butler's Room: Has the mouse hole. You just cant see it.

The First Treasure Room: The one through the mouse hole in the Butler's room.

The Dining Room: ..These long rooms were a pain to take a picture of...

The Kitchen:

The Ballroom: Didn't I make on of these already?

Storage Room: There is more to this room, but because its a secret in the game, I'm not showing it.

Billiards Room:

Projection Room:

The Conservatory: Something they don't tell you: Fitting all these instruments into one room takes a lot of space...

Bathrooms 1 and 2:
Well, they are done. But I don't have pictures for you... Sorry.

The Parlor:

The Study:

The Master Bedroom:

The Nursery: Ah.. my first ghost boss encounter..

The Twin's Room:
Turns out that the Twin's room is just a recolor of the Nursery.. huh.

That's all I can/want to show for now. Ill probably have more later to show once I pick the project back up, but as for now, Ill keep it as a hobby build.

Ugh, this took a lot of planning and wall clearing to take all the screenshots in a manner recognizable in reference to the video game. In plain terms: Damn, this too waaay too long to present.. (Roughly 1.5 hours to set up)

Oh.. rating is fine by me for all you people who care.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 09:14:41 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Overall design isn't too ornamented but fits all the same. A few basement areas could use more work on ceiling and walls. I like the attention you paid to the ceiling in general, however.

Lobby is pretty good except for the bare walls, though that may be copied from the game itself. Furniture could use some innovation but what you have already fits well enough

Overall design isn't too ornamented but fits all the same. A few basement areas could use more work on ceiling and walls. I like the attention you paid to the ceiling in general, however.

Lobby is pretty good except for the bare walls, though that may be copied from the game itself. Furniture could use some innovation but what you have already fits well enough

What I did was go through the game in an emulator and build what I saw. If the ceiling is bare, its because the room in the games ceiling is bare or a solid color. Same with certain walls and furniture, but I agree. I could go back and spruce some things up. ..Damn ceilings, you need to look at it through the Game boy Horror just to see them.

As for the lobby, there are windows a bit farther back that you cant see, couldn't fit them into a picture.

It also bothers me how the game designers never really bothered to detail the wall the camera was mounted in..

Could you post a save? I love this game, at least watching my friend play it, and I want to see it in game.

I haven't played the actual game, nor have I seen footage of it, but this seems very nice! building this with bulky bricks must have been hard, but you did a great job! The furniture is awesome!
What's the current brickcount? Will you host this sometimes? I think it would be cool if you did some sort of "point and click mystery" type game out of this.

Well, so far the total brick count is 27,454 bricks. Only thing is, is that the whole mansion is only about 35-40% done. Luckily, now looking at the accurate brick count douses any worry of hitting the max limit.

And yeah, I built the Mansion to the best of Blocklands limits. Getting most the detail was surly a challenge.
As for a hosting/release, Id rather do that when the build is complete.

This was just a preview.

You made me want to play this again.

Marry me.

You made me want to play this again.

Marry me.

Every time I look at this build..
When will the 3DS Version come out dammit!?

Every time I look at this build..
When will the 3DS Version come out dammit!?
Quote from: Wikipedia Page
Release date(s)    

JP TBA 2012
    NA Q1 2012
    EU Q2 2012

why do you americans get everything before everyone else :c

Probably because America is the first importer of Nintendo and most video game products.

Usually Japan gets stuff first because it's where most of the games are made. And then Europe gets it, and then America.

This is great! I loved Luigi's Mansion...can't wait until it's done! I would play that game non-stop (along with Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door) Man, I wish I could go back...

You could have bots and stuff as the ghosts wandering around! 9/10, very accurate!

Usually Japan gets stuff first because it's where most of the games are made. And then Europe gets it, and then America.
Im my experiance, Europe usually comes after America.

But anyway, nice build. 9/10 because it's stil WIP, but I love the detail.

oh btw, 9/10

I remember the baby boss too. I actually thought I'd beaten the game when I defeated him, lol

if only we had the Playertypes for this D:

10/10

I loved the game i want to see this finished!