Author Topic: My Ctf Done  (Read 1379 times)

That's quite the small CTF.

Bland.  I like the idea though.  Maybe if you practice landscape a little more you could have yourself a nice one.

Bland.  I like the idea though.  Maybe if you practice landscape a little more you could have yourself a nice one.
I really cant think of much more to add.

crates, terrain, better bridges, more space so less spawnkill, move flag spawns to somewhere not above team spawns, etc

Make the grey boundary wall have more of a rocky terrain to it, make some hills or higher/lower elevation areas, create more cover like trees, sandbags, rock piles, abandoned buildings, and overall, just make it bigger.

What you have now would just result in one team pressing the other inside there base with constant fire.
The size build you have now would only be good for 2 people. Any more and it would be chaos.

hey guys look what i made

Enlarge for transparency

Small, but a good idea would be to raise the land parts up with the baseplate block things, (not flats, the blocks) and where the water is you can then put actual water. That way there's a purpose for the bridges. You can just walk over the water so...

Try making a bridge using plates and rounds. It generally makes a much more pleasing result.

I used to challenge myself to see best DM/TDM I could make inside of a 64x cube area

It is actually a very cool challenge, and it is alot more fun to play imo than when the map is loving huge and you have to wander to find someone to fight.

It could use some more stuff. That looks really boring. Also, what's to keep people from going through the water?
hey guys look what i made

Enlarge for transparency
Make that look nicer and it could be used for a variate of things on blockland.

I used to challenge myself to see best DM/TDM I could make inside of a 64x cube area

It is actually a very cool challenge, and it is alot more fun to play imo than when the map is loving huge and you have to wander to find someone to fight.
holy cow that is actually genius

going to do that tomorrow

It is actually a very cool challenge, and it is alot more fun to play-

That is an interesting concept, but in a 64x64 area, there's not much room for say...20 people..

-it is alot more fun to play imo than when the map is loving huge and you have to wander to find someone to fight.

And at that point people slap a "Dogfight" label on it. Brilliant.
No, your right. Too big is stupid, but too small is hard to play on.

That is an interesting concept, but in a 64x64 area, there's not much room for say...20 people..

And at that point people slap a "Dogfight" label on it. Brilliant.
No, your right. Too big is stupid, but too small is hard to play on.
So 2x2 64baseplates

Though 1 baseplate would be good enough for intense 2-4 player action

Oh, for 2-4 people? Yeah 64x64 would be.. alright. Although the map would get boring real quick.