Poll

Should v21 have these parts again?

Yes
116 (69.5%)
No
51 (30.5%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Author Topic: v21 Beta Blockhead Parts  (Read 10286 times)

It would be nice to have these parts re-added to the avatar menu.

Notice the Arms and Legs.

Update op to have this combined with new Avatar options. I though hands and face were yellow by default back then.

No.  Making the game look better is one thing, but because of legality, Lego would not be happy and Blockland might be lost.  WAY too big of a risk.

I am content with the current features.

Its not a complete copy of lego though.

No.  Making the game look better is one thing, but because of legality, Lego would not be happy and Blockland might be lost.  WAY too big of a risk.

I am content with the current features.

I believe the reason we don't have them now is not an issue of legality, but because Badspot just preferred them without arms.

I believe the reason we don't have them now is not an issue of legality, but because Badspot just preferred them without arms.
Well then I'll just lock this...
Edit:Unlocked because of request.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:58:43 PM by ShadowZero »

Idea (if bad spot will listin) is it possible to add a tab at the top to swap betwine beta and current?
 That way everyone gets what they want
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:05:58 PM by Tic-toc26 »

This would be cool, but it would be better if you had normal hands and smaller legs w/ the normal shoes

They were probably removed for a reason.

They were probably removed for a reason.

Instead of calling them beta arms and legs, he could say they're long sleeves and pants. I think the minifig looks different enough from the LEGO figure for it to be done. Besides, the default one, the one used in marketing (the "mascot," if you will), would still have the standard legs.

Just make it as a mod, that way it won't infringe any copyrights.

Just make it as a mod, that way it won't infringe any copyrights.
I never thought player customization worked well as an add-on. This definitely wouldn't work well as one, since if it was a server mod, it would have to have some awkward way of applying it to the player, and if it was a client/server mod, the client portion would be useless on servers without the mod. Regardless of the method, add-on based player customization means the player's appearance varies based on a few factors.

If it's a playertype it's more like you need an event or a minigame to set to it.
And it customizes to what the player's normal avatar is (if the player has a blue shirt the playertype gets a blue shirt).