Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron - The worlds best space simulator  (Read 8315 times)

Shores of Hazeron is space game, where you (usually) spawn on a desolate planet and populate it. Eventually, you can get far enough where you can design your own space ships and explore the Galaxy expanding your empire. To understand how large the Galaxy is, let me tell you. The Galaxy is made up of Sectors. Each Sector is 10x10x10 parsecs, and it takes 10 minute to go across 1 parsec at terminal velocity. The Galaxy itself, is about 600~ Sectors wide, and if I'm not mistaken, it's a huge sphere.

That means it would take about 40-50 days to traverse the whole Galaxy, and the entire Galaxy itself contains a guestimated 113,097,336 sectors in it. Now, you won't need to fly to every solar system. There is usually one or more Wormholes in each one. These allow easy access to other systems to extend your Empire. As mentioned earlier, you can design your own spaceship. It's kinda like a better version of MSpaint. You select what kind of room you want, and fill in the little spaces. I'll include an image below.

Worlds

Inferno World - Inferno worlds orbit closest to the system's star. They are usually covered in Magma or Deserts, and is usually has unbreathable air.

Inner World - Inner worlds can support life, but not intelligent life. They have various amounts of valuable resources.

Habitable World - These worlds can be lived on without additional life support, and can easily reach self sufficiency. They contain basic resources as well as Plants and Animals.

Outer World - These are identical to Habitable worlds, however they cannot support Animal life, only Plant life.

Frigid World - Frigid worlds are icy planets which cannot support life. They can be barren snow plains or may have seas of liquid gases which are highly damaging to life and equipment

Planets

Gas Giant - Gas Giants have a massive atmosphere damaging heavily all ships and virtually preventing colonization. They often have moons.

Planet - Planets have atmospheres and surface liquids (lava, water or supercooled liquid depending on their orbital zone), and are able to support large populations.

Large Moon - Large Moons are basically planets orbiting a gas giant.

Moons - Moons are smaller and have no atmospheres nor surface liquids. They have a higher chance of containing Eludium and Lumenite, but will be easily overpopulated. They are found orbiting gas giants and planets. Pirates also have stations orbiting Moons.

Ringworld - Ringworlds are rare artifical worlds which surround a star. The worlds are the same as habitable worlds but are contained within a trough facing inwards to the star, a second orbital layer of plating artifically replicates a day and night cycle. They have the same surface area as 7 separate planets and do not need power facilities.

Empires
Submit your empires in your posts!

Intelogi
Pew446 | Jubel | Frontrox
CLOSED
We find planets and force people to live on them.

Submit your empire in a format identical to the above!

Personal Experiences and Quotes

Frontrox
WHOAAAA THIS LOOKS LIKE HALO ITS REALLY FREAKING AWESOME
(He found a ringworld)

Jubel
I went through about 7 ships. 2 because I crashed into the sun, and 5 because I burned up in the Atmosphere. Also, Pirates seem to have a special interest to my ships, so I keep getting attacked.

Submit your own stories or experiences or handicapped quotes too!

Images
Courtesy of whoever submits any.

Alright, that's all I have. If you need anything else added to the OP, I'll be sure to slide it in.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:31:25 PM by Jubel »

You know, I love how you gave us the link to the site :)

Most issues have been fixed

Most issues have been fixed

I remembered I tried this game once. The game is more fun with friends, or it feels like a grindfest for obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 09:33:57 PM by Slugger »

I would love to play this game but this game don't support my graphics card even when I do get in the game it just shows no ground at all :(

lag is still a big issue

if they fixed rending for star's graphics card, then i might play this again.

dont forget master shipsmith feepBL

leader of two blockland factions that reached TL32 and The Event Horizon

Lag is fixxed and is no longer an issue.

Lag is fixxed and is no longer an issue.

Star still cannot see the ground, well actually the ground is blue for him.

if haxus fixes this, i'll play

They've been working on the graphics these last few patches.

I've been playing in my own private empire recently.

Skele's also an excellent shipbuilder.

seeing as i still have an influence on SoH (some users still talk to me on steam, ie leader of tymas, leader of other clans as well), i would suggest him to any empire he wants to join

Found this pic on my Photobucket.

Would my computer run this game now? probably not but worth a try.
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU   P6100 @ 2.00GHz (2CPUs), ~2.0GHZ
Memory: 3072MB RAM
also my graphics card is Intel(R) HD Graphics.