Author Topic: RC car track modules 1.0 [Download]  (Read 3910 times)

I got inspiration from this video, and I wanted to build my race track. The idea of using the RC sapper as race cars is brilliant! They won't glitch into bricks all the time like normal vehicles, and their jumping abilities are great for lots of stuff. (Still wish there was a version wich didn't explode on inpact)

I've put together some easy-to-use dupe track modules. You simply duplicate the pink part of the piece you want to use with the duplicator addon, and then you place it where you please like a normal brick.

These are all the modules so far:

Didn't feel like making something complex, but I put together a small track:

The elevated bricks are WIP. I might change some other ones too.

The colorset used is trueno's colorset.

Download here
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:21:02 AM by popman98 »

:o someone should host this and we can build a HUGE! track!

Pretty sure the RC Car code can be changed for not to explode, and a more suitable add-on can be made.

But any way, those props look awesome.

Also, they are not called props. They are called modules.

Perhaps making one of those 'special' track kinds wouldn't be such a bad idea?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:33:07 PM by LeetZero »

Perhaps making one of those 'special' track kinds wouldn't be such a bad idea?

I remember trying to make something like that, it was pretty much impossible to land on and it was very hard to make it look good.

I'd like to make a version of the Sapper just for racing. Any ideas?

Nickname it "the greyhound"

I'd like to make a version of the Sapper just for racing. Any ideas?
Lower or remove jump and increase acceleration speed. Drift could use some reduction (not a lot) as well.

you need jump! just remove exploding and when it lowers down a plate it slows down.

Lower or remove jump and increase acceleration speed. Drift could use some reduction (not a lot) as well.
I meant more changing the model along with those kinds of things.

Make it look like a muscle car (any one, idc)

and an ice cream truck

Edit: also guys you're pretty late on this whole sapper racing idea...it first came in like 3-4 months ago, had a lot of servers and detailed huge racetracks, then all of a sudden the servers stopped hosting it.

Make it look similar, but less large and lighter. Try making the body a bit smaller (keep the wheels same size) and make it more like a home-built RC car; simple frame with antenna for controls.

put better sounds on it

orion me and armageddon have patented this idea in 2010!

I don't see why you don't just make your own track pieces. I used to host RC raceways, and you can build a good track (excluding scenery) in a couple hours or less without downloading someone else's track parts. And for those of you wondering, yes, it's very easy to mod the RCs to not explode on contact, as well as changing its colors.