*POLL* James Woods Regional Airport (KRJW)

Poll

Yes.
Yes...
Yes, this is random.
Yes!
Yes?

Author Topic: *POLL* James Woods Regional Airport (KRJW)  (Read 4998 times)

After a week of work, It is mostly finished.... With just a few remaining touches to add. It is on the road to completion.

In terms of building, this was just a warm up. I am currently planning a new, larger airport based being based of possible airports which may include: London Harthrow, Atlanta, San Diego and/or Hamburg.

I have added some new features to update this project such as: VASI lights, ILS Glide slope localizers, Approach Lighting system, Updated Jetways, Added Municipal Terminal and GA ramp, and dashed taxi edge markings.

Correct Taxiway markings.

ILS Glide slope localizer (orange tower and shed, centered)

Updated jetways with Preconditioned Air Units, and service stairs.

James Woods Regional Airport! (ICAO: KRJW)

Servicing various airlines such as: Delta (Comair), American Eagle, United Airlines, and Frontier Airlines.

Complete with two baggage claims.

Security check line.

Food Services and entertainment.

Also with car rentals...

James Woods Regional Airport...

News: General Aviation ramp complete (James Wood Municipal airport)
Taxi and Runway signs to be added, Along with a PAPI and VASI system
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:28:51 PM by pepsimann »

Not bad... Not bad one bit.

I lol'd because it has everything that an actual airport has, nothing taken out. That is awesome.

Pretty decent, but small for an airport. However, the size isn't a big problem.

Open areas inside could use detailing/structural renovation; pretty bland. Exterior walling could also use the same. Interior design, however, is fine.

Roofs outside should extend out farther from the edges of the building, current roof design doesn't make too much sense.

Color choice and roof design suggest a classic feel; however it clashes with the aircraft. If planes were private monoplanes (corsair, etc) it would fit better.

Entrance parking area and mini park is rather nice, as well as the drop off loop. Could use some more benches though.

8/10, only problems are mainly just some details and the clashing of modern and classic.

and
I lol'd because it has everything that an actual airport has, nothing taken out. That is awesome.
qft

I especially like the lack of people waiting to board on a plane because in the future that's how it's going to be soon.

There's no toilets or aircraft hangars, had to do it :/

but small for an airport.
andqft

You do know what a Regional Airport is right? Also the colors of the planes are not suppose to fit with the build, There suppose to represent the airline (Also the private jets are filling in for CRJ-200s and ERJ-145s for obvious reasons)

And I do agree with the roofing. It was not my primary concern.

Also thanks for the 8/10 :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:47:03 PM by pepsimann »

There's no toilets or aircraft hangars, had to do it :/

Hangers are WIP, and there are 2 bathroom areas. I just didn't get them in the pictures :/
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:55:28 PM by pepsimann »

Hangers are WIP, and there are 2 bathroom areas. I just didn't get them in the pictures :/
You even thought of the toilets
I salute you

1)You do know what a Regional Airport is right?

2)Also the colors of the planes are not suppose to fit with the build, There suppose to represent the airline (Also the private jets are filling in for CRJ-200s and ERJ-145s for obvious reasons)
1) No, not exactly.

2) I meant the planes themselves, not the coloring. Private corporate jets don't fit in all that well in a small airport like this, although they do sometimes land them there. The jumbo jet is too big for that small airport; they need more runway space as well as a larger terminal for all those 200 people that fit in it.