*POLL* James Woods Regional Airport (KRJW)

Poll

Yes.
Yes...
Yes, this is random.
Yes!
Yes?

Author Topic: *POLL* James Woods Regional Airport (KRJW)  (Read 5017 times)

2) I meant the planes themselves, not the coloring. Private corporate jets don't fit in all that well in a small airport like this, although they do sometimes land them there. The jumbo jet is too big for that small airport; they need more runway space as well as a larger terminal for all those 200 people that fit in it.

Well unfortunately blockland does not have a lot of commercial aircraft to offer. So the private jets are just there to substitute for aircraft such as the Bombardier CRJ200(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_CRJ200). And the Jumbo jet is the only large aircraft that functions correctly. The short passenger jet’s ground steering is crappy so i have to make it work.

Also a regional airport, is just a small airport serving lightly populated areas (some regional airport examples: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwest_Florida_Regional_Airport http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester-Boston_Regional_Airport http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montgomery_Regional_Airport).

The aircraft serving these airports tend to be regional aircraft that are turbofan or turbo prop.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:41:22 PM by pepsimann »

Only one jumbo? 
Why the hell would they only have one jumbo? 

Well 'Frontier Airlines' is the only carrier operating it at this airport (taking the place of the short passenger jet). And Frontier only has one gate.

This is awesome! Great job!

1/10.
Why?
There's no freakin' Gauntlet in the arcade.

10/10, love it

1/10.
Why?
There's no freakin' Gauntlet in the arcade.

10/10, love it

Lol, i’ll take that as a suggestion for a new arcade machine ;)

9/10

The only thing that I have a problem with is that, as you can see with large modern airports, is that the boarding areas normally on the second floor just so it rises up to the jet airliner. Therefore if you have any problems with connecting the boarding thing to the airplane then you need to up the floor slightly. Other then that, I give you props for putting one of the first decent airports out on the forums. As people have mentioned before, the airport is a bit small, but you know what? A McDonald's and an Arcade? Awesomeness. Great job!

9/10

(1)As you can see with large modern airports, is that the boarding areas normally on the second floor just so it rises up to the jet airliner. Therefore if you have any problems with connecting the boarding thing to the airplane then you need to up the floor slightly.

(2) As people have mentioned before, the airport is a bit small

(1). Gates B1-B3 do rise up onto the second floor with jetways. Gates A1-A3 are on the first floor but ground stairs/ stairs built into the plane allow boarding on the smaller Regional craft like this

(2) Its small because its a regional airport. As mentioned in the title.

I like it just because it's very finished. Most airport builds I've seen are only the runway, control tower, hangar, and half of a large shack next to it.

As always, simply wonderful. 
At this small airport near me, theres something at the end of the runway-- forgot what its called- but I will get back to you on that

Don't guess it people, thats annoying

As always, simply wonderful. 
At this small airport near me, theres something at the end of the runway-- forgot what its called- but I will get back to you on that

Don't guess it people, thats annoying

Runway lighting? or an ILS/Glide slope transmitter? I still need to add those in.

Details on the runway are nice.

1) No, not exactly.

2) I meant the planes themselves, not the coloring. Private corporate jets don't fit in all that well in a small airport like this, although they do sometimes land them there. The jumbo jet is too big for that small airport; they need more runway space as well as a larger terminal for all those 200 people that fit in it.

Regional airports were created to accommodate private and corporate jets because most international airports are dedicated to servicing larger airliners and do not have the extra space to accommodate the private jets, albeit in special cases (see: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport).