Default Deathmatch.

Author Topic: Default Deathmatch.  (Read 2195 times)

A crude and ugly little deathmatch set at a medieval crossroads. Built entirely with default bricks.

Players are given a sword and shield and a bow. Should I host it?

Very nice.

/support for hosting this.

It looks way too open though, it doesn't seem like there are many places to hide in.

I don't like the look of it. There isn't a lot for more than walking in around in the open, or trying to be "sneaky" by climbing up in the middle and getting hit in the ass. I personally hate the classic blockland deathmatch mechanic of bouncing around like a dodgy hyperactive cunt, and that's about all you'll be able to do here.

How'd you suggest I improve it, besides adding cover?

How'd you suggest I improve it, besides adding cover?

A ruined ancient city? See my Fish Tank build for an idea of that.

Make a number of "paths" you could take in traversing the area, with varying amounts of cover. Don't mirror it, keep things interesting. Several buildings, some of which can be entered, perhaps. I'm not sure how much you can improve the current configuration. I don't want to necessarily push you to put the whole thing aside and start fresh. Although that is what I would do.

in a team deathmatch of sorts, you should make sure there are various avenues of reaching the other team.
chokepoints are ok occasionally, though.

-snop-
I actually built the little islands in the lake explicitly for this. All of them are can be jumped on to get to the center island.
-snop-
This is a deathmatch, no teams.

Also, additions already, but they can't be posted because Tinypic seems to be having issues.
EDIT: Now it doesn't.

^ One of two new crappy castle facades.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:11:06 PM by Pliny »

Well it's looking a little better.

looks good for the classic bouncy deathmatch, but eksi was right.

what weapons do you use here; default only or do you have some addons?

Edit: ok, yes you should host it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:20:25 PM by Conan »

Players are given a sword and shield and a bow. Should I host it?

This is pretty cool. Servers running just the default add-ons are always user-friendly.

Hosting now, if anyone is interested.