Do you still care about this project?

Yes
23 (69.7%)
No
4 (12.1%)
Kinda
6 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Brickify Terrain  (Read 6199 times)

Script_BrickifyTerrain

Terrain doesn't really have to go away in v21! You can make brick facsimiles of your favorite maps, and keep them for later. Now stop crying and download it already!

Features
  • Custom position placement!
  • Custom boundaries!
  • Custom color!
  • Etc!

Instructions
   1) Load up your favorite map
   2) Type in "/BrickifyTerrain (Bound) (Color)"
   3) Wait a little bit, it may lag
   4) Save those bricks!

About the Arguments
Bound is basically half of the side of the square you will create.
Color specifies what color all of the bricks will be.
For example, if I were to type in "/BrickifyTerrain 100 15", the script would create a square of 100 by 100 cubes, where they all are bold white. To get the number of a paint color, you simply count the colors from top to bottom, left to right. Watch out though, the first color (usually red) is 0.

Cautionary Advice
  • This mod creates a whole stuffload of bricks. If your computer cant handle a stuffload of bricks, don't try to make a stuffload of bricks. My suggestion is to start out with small radii at first, if you don't know what your computer can handle.
  • This mod creates more bricks than you may intend. In addition to the square you specify, the script automatically fills in the holes that would normally exist. So, if you type in /BrickifyTerrain 100, the brickcount will come out to something like 12000 bricks instead of 10000 bricks. A bound of 400 is probably toeing the line, a bound of 500 will almost certainly go over the brickcount limit.
  • You can only save what you see. If you make a big area of cubes, you have to fly around them once before saving. Otherwise, you will only load some of the bricks.
  • Map positioning is weird. I suggest placing a spawn somewhere before saving, so you can find your terrain easily when you load it on a slate map. Also, some maps exist in part under zero elevation. You can create and save bricks under zero elevation, but you cannot load them on slate.
|
Known Bugs
  • Nothing to stop users from going over the bricklimit
  • Tries to create all the bricks at once
  • Typing decimals into the arguments is probably a bad idea
  • Bricks can be planted inside of other bricks if you remove some of the safety checks from the script. Don't do this please.

Notes
  • Yes I know it's annoying to have to ghost all the bricks then save all the bricks then load the bricks again, will work on fix for later
  • When the bricks are created on top of the terrain, it might look a bit wonky. Don't worry, all of the bricks have been created, you just can't see them because they're under the map

Download
I gave up on RTB submission, it's taking too long

Planned Features
  • Add ability to automatically add water where it is on the map
  • Scheduling, so all of the bricks are not created at once
  • A prompt that calculates the number of bricks that will be created, and asks if you'd like to continue or not
  • Direct filewriting
  • "Limit" generation

Below are some pictures of "The Slopes" in 4x cubes

If you have any suggestions or comments, post here or pm me. Also, someone can make me a logo if they'd like.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 01:00:47 PM by Treynolds416 »

Looks cool except that there will be so many bricks.

Make it work with Siba's terrain bricks :V

Gonna look at this for a few reasons.

If I can get it to not go over the brick limit, I'll PM the new one to you.

Gonna look at this for a few reasons.

If I can get it to not go over the brick limit, I'll PM the new one to you.
No I know how, I just haven't implemented it yet

flatlands for v21 here i come

great work

Told ya' so.
For the record:
1) if it had gone through RTB I wouldn't have said that to you
2) it's still pending on RTB, neither failed nor accepted

For the record:
1) if it had gone through RTB I wouldn't have said that to you
2) it's still pending on RTB, neither failed nor accepted
your just in denial.

The only problem is not being able to build on your new terrain on slate map.
If you control - z that brick then the terrain goes with it D:

The only problem is not being able to build on your new terrain on slate map.
If you control - z that brick then the terrain goes with it D:
Zone bricks people