Crumbling Stage [ - BETA - ] %56 complete

Poll

Needs more exciting maps?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Crumbling Stage [ - BETA - ] %56 complete  (Read 5688 times)

now includes lovey map cycle

Description
I quit doing falling platforms for this, quitting falling platforms for something which is based around platforms and falling, yes. I quit falling platforms because nobody ever joined, and when people did, they're those friends who don't know how to operate using simple buttons and learning to close and open the door. All of falling platforms was evented and nothing was scripted apart from the events. This server put loads of stress on me and this stress which was caused made me think of something more automatic. This creating Crumbling Stage.

Crumbling Stages is not exactly original, especially since another member of the forum has created the thing first. This guy did not host the Falling Stage for long, considering he has more things to do in his life at this present time, unlike me, I was bored. This me being unoriginal (again) and creating this bastard.

Crumbling Stage is based around dynamically having maps changed after every round of the game. This using GetRandom since I am the laziest scripter in the world. It chooses a random map out of the saves folder which includes the default maps which are shown below. They are 3 default maps in the two different folders. These folders being the folders in which the server decides on which to use depending on the player count at the time.

Pictures

brilliant maps will be shown here, a couple made be darerd;

Submitting maps!

Submitting maps requires the following -
Name:

BL_ID:

Picture of map:

Brickcount of the map: (I'd prefer it if you do not go over 3000)

Amount of players which this build is recommended for:

The Download:

funtips:
  • use 4x4 bricks - they're the most effective
  • do not make it too big, or too small - it'll bore the players and i'll decline the map submission
  • make it fun, add different layers and make different heights and stuff
Submitting multiple maps will give you treats including special colors and benefits of the server, so get submitting them bastards! (non of this will take effect until the beta has finished)

Notes

NO NOTES BRO!

Credits

• Darren - Scripting the crumbling stage gamemode/gametype thingy
  • Port - Being a massive help for getting all the functions and doing the OnLoadPlant thing which without it would be nothing.
  • Danny Boy - Being Danny and has always helped me with my scripting, and I have learnt loads so far; without Danny, you wouldn't be reading this right now.

Server Status:

image isn't working for some reason.

Gamemode Status:

%50 complete

Currently working on -
  • Made it so that when the minigame resets, people have 5 seconds to get ready for the stage to crumble
  • Dynamic save system (It's really messy and I keep getting errors. I might remake that part of the script. DONE.
  • Manual overide so I can add new maps and manually choose a map from the saves/CStages directory
  • Some ease of access commands just incase I need to reset or fix something.
  • Make this run along with mine and DarkLight's revival of YayFun.
--------------------------------
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 02:52:07 PM by Wordy »

Ohh yeah, I like this.

:o

Could you do something where it would randomly fakekill a brick exposed to the top every few seconds or so?

:o

Could you do something where it would randomly fakekill a brick exposed to the top every few seconds or so?
That is a brilliant idea. Although I haven't got the skills to do that, I'll look into it!

wowe, i heard you would make this! looks fantastic so far.
excellent topic too!

You can just tell this will be great fun with a good number of people.

Is this stolen from Reinforcements, or given permission for the use of the idea and permission to use the mod?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:00:32 PM by Boomerangdog »

Is this stolen from Reinforcements, or the same mod?

Description
Crumbling Stages is not exactly original, especially since another member of the forum has created the thing first. This guy did not host the Falling Stage for long, considering he has more things to do in his life at this present time, unlike me, I was bored. This me being unoriginal (again) and creating this bastard.

Stolen - past participle of steal (Verb)
Dishonestly pass off (another person's ideas) as one's own: "accusations that one group had stolen ideas from the other were soon flying".

I have said that this is not original and like in the quote, linked to Reinforcements' post. I do not intend to steal his mod or copy his. I shall put Reinforcements' in the credits for the original idea.

Sorry, didn't see that. I tend to look at pictures first, then read.

Sorry, didn't see that. I tend to look at pictures first, then read.
That is fine, I do see where you are coming from as it is originally Reinforcements' idea.

This gamemode was a project since I am learning to script in torquinz and I thought I should make a topic on my development of Crumbling Stage. This when I have finished it I can create a 24/7 server if need be.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:19:33 PM by Wordy »

Thanks.

also, could you put "logo made by boomerangdog" underneath it?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:30:38 PM by Boomerangdog »

hey, i can help code if ya want :D.
Since it's not infinite space, I can generate random saves instantly. :D

hey, i can help code if ya want :D.
Since it's not infinite space, I can generate random saves instantly. :D
Ooh, that does sound intresting.

I'll stick to what I have got to whip at this mod.