Author Topic: Blockland Glass v1.3  (Read 23713 times)

Blockland Glass v1.3

What is this?
Blockland Glass is an add-on that improves Blockland a lot behind-the-scenes, adding features that make the game easier to play and enjoy. Version 1 has two key features: GUI Downloading and HUD Manager.

GUI Downloader
Almost every server is getting their own custom GUI now. Each time you join a server, you are almost always pestered by a message saying, "Please download my GUI to play." We've come up with a solution to make this process easier for both the player and the developer. The GUI Downloader automatically downloads all needed GUIs upon joining the server. To ensure that this system stays secure and dynamic, no raw TorqueScript is downloaded, but instead assembled by the client after the input from the server has been completely verified. The GUIs are completely functional and operate like any other.

HUD Manager
Another common feature of add-ons: info displayed at the bottom of the page. This is great for maybe a single add-on, but past that, the bottom of your screen is always flickering in a never-ending battle of which add-on will get to be displayed. We've taken care of this by adding the HUD Manager. Developers simply have to update values on the server, and they appear on the side of your screen in neat little boxes. This helps information could be displayed in either text or progress bars, definable by add-ons.

Developers
Documentation

-Still WIP, for now check my random ramblings over at the modification topic.-

Download

Changelog
Additions
  • r1707 support
Fixes
  • Fixed GUI Downloading

Additions
  • Developers can now replace all default HUD elements with their own
  • Support for image and font downloading.

Changes
  • All your updaters are belong to us

Additions:
  • Ability to attach GUIs to the PlayGui, thus making them HUDs. Use dataObject.setAsHud(%client, %toggle);
Changes:
  • Made lists actually work

• Removed console spam from the version check
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 05:32:04 PM by Scout31 »

Looks awesome, I'll be getting this for sure.

Ill check this out.

"Blockland Grass? Nah that's strange."
"Blockland Glass? No not him."
"Oh it's Blockland Glass"

Yessss...will definitely check this out

you need a real blockland picture

you need a real blockland picture

Its a script. There is no need for pictures...

Its a script. There is no need for pictures...
I think he means Scout31's avatar.

Wait what wrong with it (look at it close) nope nothing
also let get back on topic

Now we just need people to make mods for this. Until then, it's not very useful.

Now we just need people to make mods for this. Until then, it's not very useful.
Good point.

You do realize that GUI scripts have {'s and }'s and ;'s in them, right?