Author Topic: Blockland Glass v1.3  (Read 23607 times)

You do realize that GUI scripts have {'s and }'s and ;'s in them, right?
Yep. Matter of fact, this uses them too!

There is NO way to have an ENTIRELY working GUI downloader that has full functionality for ALL gui elements, that is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT safe and is capable of EVERYTHING any other client gui can do. It's just not possible. The following is possible:
  • safe
  • includes all gui elements
  • functional
  • allows for complicated, custom script elements like list handling, etc.
You can choose any two.

There is NO way to have an ENTIRELY working GUI downloader that has full functionality for ALL gui elements, that is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT safe and is capable of EVERYTHING any other client gui can do. It's just not possible. The following is possible:
  • safe
  • functional
You can choose any two.

Quit acting like you know everything..

Quit acting like you know everything..
It's not possible to have a gui downloading system like this that is 100% secure and allows for custom, complicated gui element handling like lists, dropdown boxes, mouse events, and so on.
I'm not saying it can't get fairly close, but it's not 100% possible without it becoming an entire programming language of its own.

• safe
  • functional
You can choose any two.
All of the thinking is done on the server, and the client just displays it. Any property of any element sent can be updated (other than command, altCommand, and closeCommand), and .setValue() can be called upon it also. Popup menus and lists are the only two GUI objects that are controlled not using those, and MessageVectors are spotty and have better alternatives.

other than command, altCommand, and closeCommand), and .setValue()
So it doesn't allow for custom events. Just like I thought.

So it doesn't allow for custom events. Just like I thought.
Correct. This allows for semi-complex GUIs. Most GUIs are just a few buttons and text, but the super complex ones still have to stick to the old ways.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:27:15 PM by Scout31 »

Updated to v1.01

Quote from: Change-log
  • Removed console spam from the version check

Updated to v1.01

The Open Keybind GUI thing doesn't work for me. I have made a keybind, but when trying open it, then nothing happens.

Downloaded it. Not much to see though, I guess its more of a background process. You are going need to promote this if its worth using because if nobody picks up on it the features it offers will be redundant.

I've already talked to the authors of some popular add-ons about implementing BLG to benefit both us and the users. I can't say anything firm right now, but there is certainly some stuff on the way. I'm working on implementing the permissions mod, though.

I want to make a score screen for Slayer that would display at the end of rounds. Would this system be able to handle a GUI like this one?

Yep! Just make the GUI like normal, and register it with %dataObject = BLG_GDS.registerObject(nameofguicontrol);. I assume you'll be using a list, so just add rows with BLG_GDS.getDataObject(nameoflistobject).addRow(%client, %rowId, %rowText);. At the end of each round, use BLG_GDS.getDataObject(nameofguicontrol).push(%client);. Replace push with pop to close it. If you mess around with the resizing values, you can make it automatically resize. You can use BLG_GDS.getDataObject(nameoflistobject).clear(); to remove all rows.

If you want to use custom profiles, just add them the same way you add a gui.

You can use custom profiles? I'm liking this!

You can use custom profiles? I'm liking this!
Wow your starting to make slayer a whole lot better. I honestly didn't like it, and don't use it because of the bugs it has compared to TDM. But if you add that, maybe I'll switch to it.

Also, I downloaded add-ons. What's supposed to be happening when I join servers?