Rebuilding Titanic

Poll

If it could be done, would you cruise on it?

Yes!
61 (64.9%)
No!
33 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Author Topic: Rebuilding Titanic  (Read 5389 times)

I really don't think they should build another Titanic or similar ship. The Titanic is a piece of history and it should stay that way in my opinion. Building a new ship would be pretty disrespectful. Many people died and I don't think it feels right to build a replica of a ship that sunk and killed so many innocent people. But maybe that's just me.

Many people died and I don't think it feels right to build a replica of a ship that sunk and killed so many innocent people. But maybe that's just me.
True but it wasn't designed to sink. Inb4 conspiracy theories.

it's not like having that many lifeboats was skimpy
the titanic was actually carrying an illegal amount of lifeboats (too many)

it's not like having that many lifeboats was skimpy
the titanic was actually carrying an illegal amount of lifeboats (too many)
This I did not know. :o

I would totally ride on a rebuilt titanic, it would be nice to see what the interior looked like and stuffs

i would go in it
not riding on it :c

This is something I have discovered last night. Very interesting though.

First one sank because the workers bought cheaper materials and pocketed the extra cash.
Well, one of the reasons. New one needs long range flamethrowers.

First one sank because the workers bought cheaper materials and pocketed the extra cash.
Well, one of the reasons. New one needs long range flamethrowers.

What? No. Source?

This is something I've found today. It's all over the media here in The Netherlands. From NOS to Jeugdjournaal, from news blog NUjij to ReplicaOlympic project.

Australian billionaire mining magnate Clive Palmer has unveiled plans to build a 21st-century Titanic — the Titanic II — to be built in China.

Palmer, who also flagged ambitions to enter politics at the next Australian national elections, said his new company Blue Star Line had commissioned CSC Jinling Shipyard to build a near-replica of the ill-fated cruise ship, the Wall Street Journal reported.

“It is going to be designed so it won’t sink,” Palmer told reporters. “It will be designed as a modern ship with all the technology to ensure that doesn’t happen.”

The original Titanic, which struck an iceberg and sank on April 15, 1912, was also marketed as unsinkable.

Palmer said the ship’s maiden voyage from England to North America had been scheduled for late 2016, the Brisbane Times reported.

Asked if the Titanic II could sink, Palmer said: “Of course it will sink if you put a hole in it.

However, he said: “It will be designed as a modern ship with all the technology to ensure that doesn’t happen.

“But, of course, if you are superstitious like you are, you never know what could happen.”

He said the ship, “every bit as luxurious as the original Titanic,” was a tribute to the spirit of the men and women who constructed the original Titanic, in its day the world’s largest liner.

Source

Rebuilding the Titanic... completing the tower to replace the WTC. Now lets create one of those Hindenburg blimps to tie the package together.

Rebuilding the Titanic... completing the tower to replace the WTC. Now lets create one of those Hindenburg blimps to tie the package together.
Lets rebuild the battleship Bismarck!

Let's rebuild the Hindenburg!

America no longer has the money to build another Titanic.

America no longer has the money to build another Titanic.

Or provide decent public services, support to its people, or financial stability in general.
* Sheath clicks fingers and does that sassy black woman head shake thing.