Rebuilding Titanic

Poll

If it could be done, would you cruise on it?

Yes!
61 (64.9%)
No!
33 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Author Topic: Rebuilding Titanic  (Read 5317 times)

As many of you may know, tonight of April 14th 2012 is the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the ill fated RMS Titanic.
I've wondered for years to come why they haven't rebuilt it, All they would have to do is make the ship reach safety standards of Modern times, such as adding enough lifeboats, making it built from a stronger material, and much more. The total cost would range from 300,000,000 dollars to 500,000,000 dollars, which is costly, but a modern cruise ship takes about 900,000,000 dollars to build.
Discuss.

Probably out of respect.

Probably out of respect.
I can see what they would mean there. But, I think it would pay a nice tribute.

That would be incredible. I would definitely go on a rebuild of the RMS Titanic.

my uncles Granadads cousins aunties moms dad was on the titanic

inb4newshipcrashesintoiceburg

inb4newshipcrashesintoiceburg
New safety features would make it very difficult. Ice patrol, radios on 24/7, etc.

This one taking as long as Bones?

This one taking as long as Bones?

Read topic please.

Mostly why they HAVEN'T made one is because of the hundreds of people who died on board, Respecting or Honoring them in a way.
Personally, I feel the name 'Titanic' or 'Titanic II' is just bad luck. After all, they said Titanic couldn't even have been sank by God.
Look where she is now. /Cry.
The idea of them making another one to Honor Titanic is sounding excellent, through I have my doubts they would actually make another one.
I do feel as if the name brings bad luck, as I stated above.
If you do think about it, they made a Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Marry II, I believe a few others as well.
In this case it's a ship to honor those on board when she sank. Along with honoring her.
I would really love to see a ship honoring Titanic, RMS Queen Elizabeth and Queen Marry had second versions of themselves.
So, yes. I'd be delighted to see a new Titanic although I have doubts.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:26:54 PM by Blue_Eagle »

Polls at 50/50. Ooo

I've wondered for years to come why they haven't rebuilt it

They don't want thousands of people to die again.

They don't want thousands of people to die again.
Who says it will sink again? It's not like they will put Unsinkable OR guaranteed to sink in the newspapers.

Who says it will sink again?

You can't simply rule out that fact. That's like saying an airplane will never crash.

You can't simply rule out that fact. That's like saying an airplane will never crash.
You can't simply rule out that fact. That's like saying an airplane will crash.