Author Topic: Chat Emotes (v1.2)  (Read 15166 times)

Chat Emotes (v1.2)
by Port

Description
I've seen the lack of a proper client-sided (now also server-sided) chat emotes mod, and decided to make one. This supports an infinite amount of emotes that you can add easily without fiddling with scripts. Simply place any .png image in the base/emotes folder (create it if it doesn't exist), such as "whatever.png". Typing [](/whatever) in chat will cause that emote to appear for everyone with this add-on and having "whatever.png" in their emotes folder.

Now this also features a server-sided version. Everybody with "Download Textures" enabled will see the emotes when written in chat on a server that has the server-sided version of this add-on.

Emote Packs
These are archives containing multiple images to use as emotes. Extract them to base/emotes/ in order to use them. If you've made one, post it in this thread and I might add it to the OP.

Testimonials

Test Report
This add-on has been tested on a default Blockland installation with default add-ons, and worked flawlessly without any errors.

Downloads
Client_ChatEmotes.zip (746B) from localhostr.com.
Server_ChatEmotes.zip (915B) from localhostr.com.

Installation
Client: Place Client_ChatEmotes.zip in your Add-Ons folder and restart Blockland.
Server: Place Server_ChatEmotes.zip in your Add-Ons folder, restart Blockland and enable it while starting a server.
Emote Pack: Extract the archive to base/emotes, creating the folder if it doesn't exist and restart Blockland.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:56:12 PM by Port »

Awesome!
Great job, Port!
I've been wanting something like this for a while now.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 01:53:50 PM by Electrk »

I feel like your "test report" is really a disclaimer. Obviously if it didn't work flawlessly on a default installation, you wouldn't release it.

I feel like your "test report" is really a disclaimer. Obviously if it didn't work flawlessly on a default installation, you wouldn't release it.

What are you trying to say?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 01:57:53 PM by Port »

What are you trying to say?
That the test report is a bit redundant, and acts more like a disclaimer than an actual test report

Installed all the emotes
c:

Too bad players have to have this downloaded to see stuff. I remember one that you didn't need to download it, and it had the domo emote and stuff.

Too bad players have to have this downloaded to see stuff. I remember one that you didn't need to download it, and it had the domo emote and stuff.

The server would still have to download it even for that.
But secondly, I don't condone forcing players to view images they don't want. With this, you only see the emotes you want to use.

Could you maybe make a server-sided version too?

Added a server-sided version. Bleh.
Also, please re-download the client-sided version.

Why dont the links work anymore?

EDIT: Nvm works

Added Mr.LoL's essential Minecraft emotes.

Added Mr.LoL's essential Minecraft emotes.
Is it just me or is the file corrupted?