Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 242526 times)

why did you drop it?
essentially what I'm trying to say is that photography fails in light of actual experience. Which is ironic because I recorded it as a photograph. I want the viewer to question of value of any given photograph.

You've gotten a lot better at those shots from the last time I saw them, haha

so i had no school today due to an ice storm
i saw it as an opportunity to take some pictures of the frozen stuff
(image heavy)

batch 1:

batch 2:

not really wintry:

double post because i went out and took more

guyz I'm in school studying ART and learning hella much about myself and photography

ask me questionz about picz

guyz I'm in school studying ART and learning hella much about myself and photography

ask me questionz about picz

why are bigger sensors better

why the photography thread so slow

why the photography thread so slow

nobody taking pictures

plus we've really only got under like 7 people that contribute

why are bigger sensors better
Loads of reasons

A larger digital sensor provides better ISO performance and better bokeh (because physics I don't know why). Plus sharpness and all that good stuff. Basically, think of it like this. Sensors output to a given area, let's say 15MP. If you take a picture on a cropped sensor, that's less light creating an image and less surface area of sensor creating a digital image of equal size. A 15mp image created on a full frame sensor will correspond to more surface area and thus be sharper and brighter.

Now, the *largest* "sensors" you can get are actually scanned large format film, which is what a lot of fine art photographers use. It is, at minimum, 15 times larger than 35mm or "full frame" digital sensors.

p.s. I'm studying for a BFA (bachelor of fine art) and thus the program is far more conceptual. I can answer questions about how cameras work but I'm moreso studying the processes of making art and technical stuff is kind of less emphasized. Right now I'm very frustrated because I'm starting to hate photography. Or, not so much hate as just get incredibly frustrated with it and wonder if it's even worth my (or any artist's) time.

p.p.s. shooting 4x5 film is hella fun you get to use cameras like this:

(not mine but I own that same camera)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:06:00 PM by Sirrus »

nobody taking pictures

plus we've really only got under like 7 people that contribute
i don't contribute often but when i do it's a forgetload of images

nice images guys
I like this guy

ps walked up a mountain yesterday and took picz, need to edit.