Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 241885 times)

I took this picture tonight at an accident scene I was at. While tragic and not as professional grade as some photos posted here, I believe it turned out nice.

I have a cybershot, haha... Exact same build/model etc. etc.
Haven't used it in a long time, not sure where I left it exactly...

Also, nice picture Destroyer. Pretty sad, though... Hope noone was hurt too badly :/

Now my stuff,
Macros:

Do we have any other budding macro photographers here? :3

I'm really good at macros

But unfortunetly don't own a SLR to take some.

(Where those taken with the 60D?)

Those were taken with a 10D

I put my point-n-shoot in auto a press the button for maximum respect.

166291 really needs to learn how to make HDR pictures. The giant glares of light are making all the other details appear too dark.

Are you 166291?

Yes.

166291 really needs to learn how to make HDR pictures. The giant glares of light are making all the other details appear too dark.

forget HDR. These all looked exactly like they did in real life, no joke. If something's dark, it's because it's dark. Because it was at a sunset.

Babby's first photoshoot:

poooop by Tawm2013, on Flickr

general telephone by Tawm2013, on Flickr

what's he looking at? by Tawm2013, on Flickr

bird lives here by Tawm2013, on Flickr

cracked by Tawm2013, on Flickr

benched by Tawm2013, on Flickr

spitting lions by Tawm2013, on Flickr

surplus wood by Tawm2013, on Flickr

forget HDR. These all looked exactly like they did in real life, no joke. If something's dark, it's because it's dark. Because it was at a sunset.

Play with metering, if you're using an SLR. They may have looked like this in real life, but you can balance out the image more to get better outcome if you expose everything nicely.

Those seem pretty neat, Tammy.

I have a bunch of pictures I've taken on a new camera we got, I don't really know what most of the settings do/the best way to take pictures but some of them turn out really well. I also have a lot of pictures on the SD card that I haven't put on my computer yet.

DaSord, I like the fungus pictures. The eagle ones came out a little blurry (you probably noticed), still they could look a little better if you cropped them using the rule of thirds. Also, I don't think messing with the settings is really necessary unless you are trying to create a certain effect or shooting in weird conditions. Lots of the pictures I took today were ruined because I messed with the settings too much.

here are some that did turn out okay:

slash 'n burn by Tawm2013, on Flickr

sad dog by Tawm2013, on Flickr

hanging by Tawm2013, on Flickr

pour by Tawm2013, on Flickr

webbed by Tawm2013, on Flickr

planks by Tawm2013, on Flickr

butterfly by Tawm2013, on Flickr

foliage by Tawm2013, on Flickr

prime lens make lovey DOFs:

lemonade by Tawm2013, on Flickr

purple by Tawm2013, on Flickr