Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 242649 times)

Merged two photos, so both figures are in focus.  This is cheating, right?

Why didn't you just take the picture with a very closed aperture?

My digital camera's manual settings are incredibly limited.  I don't have many options aside from exposure settings/etc.

This is cheating, right?
Well in a way it's just focus stacking, a technique used very often in macro photography.

Very clever.

Had to remove a bunch of hot pixels, guess I was too close to the fire to take a 10 second still :|

ferns are guud

quality got a little decreased though.

P1060274 by TophatC, on Flickr

P1060334 by TophatC, on Flickr

P1060370 by TophatC, on Flickr

P1060351 by TophatC, on Flickr

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about these.

Had to remove a bunch of hot pixels, guess I was too close to the fire to take a 10 second still :|

P1060334 by TophatC, on Flickr

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about these.
these two are nice imo

Really like the fire one and the second one out of the winter ones. Could benefit from a graduated ND filter or some HDR, but it's good all the same.

so i got some pictures with my camera to test it and stuff

ignore my dad's hand plz

doge

I finally got myself to make a rather expensive purchase today and go from the digital point and shoot line to the DSLR zone.  I bought a Nikon D3200 over the EOS Rebel T3i.  I enjoy the fact it may just have a few more megapixels but I just felt more comfortable with the Nikon for whatever reason.

I will suck so bad at first with photos because I am a total noob with this, bestbuy actually gave me a free lesson and I can get more from them for free under my 1 year warranty I bought.

I love the smell of new technology, picture was taken on my Sony Cybershot DSC-S950 July of '09 to December '12 RIP

Edit:  I got to work tonight and got some cool ass pics to show, at least I think they are.
Click for full size image

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 06:37:19 PM by suburb »

Yep, those look like typical "omg I own a dSLR now omgomgomg" pictures.

Has the possibility of being a decent picture if it were well-shot and B&W.

Rule of thumb: if color doesn't add anything to the picture, it should be a B&W. I feel like if that sign on the building were a bit more robust, it'd be worth it to keep in color, but again, it isn't well shot.