Author Topic: Event => TeamChatMessage  (Read 690 times)

An event that sends a ChatMessage to everyone in a certain team.

I feel it worth noting that this is ridiculously abusable, which is why I'm not releasing it.

I mean, really loving abusable.
One VCE relay loop could take a server down from the sheer amount of messages.

I put spam protection in.
get this stuffty event here
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:30:09 PM by Lugnut1206 »

Thank you a lot.  I didn't think it would be any more abusable than normal ChatmessageAll.

Thank you a lot.  I didn't think it would be any more abusable than normal ChatmessageAll.
which is basically exactly the same

adding on to the idea, you should also be able to select what team it sends the message to
i.e. if the red team took the blue flag, the blue team would receive a message related to "The red team has taken the flag!"

I think I misunderstood the request; my mod only sends a team message, same as pressing y, what I think the OP wanted was something that sent a line of text TO A SPECIFIC TEAM, not y key

I think I misunderstood the request; my mod only sends a team message, same as pressing y, what I think the OP wanted was something that sent a line of text TO A SPECIFIC TEAM, not y key

Yeah, that's what I wanted.

Also, I can't find the event anywhere, it's definitely enabled.

I feel it worth noting that this is ridiculously abusable, which is why I'm not releasing it.

I mean, really loving abusable.
One VCE relay loop could take a server down from the sheer amount of messages.
Everything can be abused. If something is, don't join that server anymore.

Yeah, that's what I wanted.

Also, I can't find the event anywhere, it's definitely enabled.
I apologize, I'll work on that later. It's definitely possible

onActivate > Client > SendTeamChat or whatever

You'd be better off using
OnActivate > Minigame >

OnActivate > Minigame >

Yes, but I only want a certain team to see it.

OnActivate > Minigame >
well yes, for the correct version
for my version it sent a team chat message, (like if you had pressed Y), from the client who had activated the brick, making it more effective to send it from gameConnection.