Author Topic: Blockland problems  (Read 3734 times)

Oh god go to school
Then learn how to count things and spell words and make sentences that make sense

Never had a problem with adjustable plate (other than remembering that command to change the skybox, ground color, etc..)

Never had a problem with adjustable plate (other than remembering that command to change the skybox, ground color, etc..)
For some reason, the rain effect on Adjustable plate crashes my game every time I try to use it. Like badspot said, it breaks the game.

For some reason, the rain effect on Adjustable plate crashes my game every time I try to use it. Like badspot said, it breaks the game.
Nopeh.
You may have another add-on that adjustable plate doesn't like. It works all fine for me...
Move your add-ons folder and kove adjustable plate back to see it works all fine.

Oops I forgeted ip the topic title

Blocki, stop doing that.

It seems whenever someone says something you like has a problem, you start saying "NUP NUP NUP USE IT YOU'RE WRONG".

it's kinda annoying

Post a console log.

Blocki, stop doing that.

It seems whenever someone says something you like has a problem, you start saying "NUP NUP NUP USE IT YOU'RE WRONG".

it's kinda annoying

Post a console log.
Dude.
Adjustable Plate works fine.
So it has to be another add-on interfering with it...

As noted on the Adjustable Plate page, there is currently a problem where setting an ambient sound on the map causes a crash.

There is nothing wrong with the map, it works great for me.  The ambient sound does crash but isn't really necessary.

I ran My blockland game with the defualt add ons on adjustable plate it ran fine so I deleted adjustable plate by accident and it still crashes

There is nothing wrong with the map, it works great for me.  The ambient sound does crash but isn't really necessary.
there's nothing wrong for you because you haven't seen it broken. just because it works fine for one person doesn't mean it's not broken.

Ephialites should really screen add-ons better.

I thought it was relevant to bump this topic to leave an important note in relation to Adjustable Plate causing the game to crash.

I am fully aware that Adjustable Plate causes players to crash. However after excessive testing I have come to the conclusion that it is only caused by the Ambient Sound feature of the map. I have read through the code related to creating the ambient sound object and everything seemed fine, the creation code was no different to that of the other objects including sky, sun etc.

This problem caused by Ambient Sound did not occur when I first released the map, so I assume that it only started occurring with the release of a Blockland update.  I remembered that an update was released to fix crashing caused by music bricks, which coincidentally caused the game to crash in a very similar way to how my map crashes people.

I went into further investigation, I changed the audio profile of the rain sound from AudioLooping2D to AudioMusicLooping3D (the profile used for music), and to my surprise it worked correctly. This means that there is nothing I can do to fix Ambient Sound except change the datablock profiles for sounds used, this obviously is against my favour because Ambient Sound would sound horrible.

I have just released an update that mainly features the eradication of Ambient Sound from the map, this might or might not be permanent depending on whether I am able to find an alternative way for the Ambient Sound system to work. Hopefully though the map should no longer cause players to crash. I ran a few tests and everything seems to be working correctly. Please notify me whether the map persists to give you problems so that I can correct them quickly.

Version 2.1 to 3:

1. Removed Ambient Sound option due to causing crashing (might add again in future)
2. Added keybind to open settings window.
3. Added sky texture from Halloween Slate.

This is an ambiguous title, which is against the rules.