Author Topic: User Content Alpha [Re-Uploaded] (Zack, fix your darn site!)  (Read 4774 times)

Since Zack0Wack0 website has been down for a while, I'll just put this here. If/When he fixes his site, I'll just lock this.
v
Download

Download (Direct Link)

Any files placed in the config/content folder will be put in base/. This allows you to make GUI edits and such, to get around the Blockland patcher.

eg. config/content/client/ui/Title.png will put in the base/ folder as base/client/ui/Title.png and when the game starts up you will see your version of Title.png.

It works by overwriting any files in the base folder with any files in the content folder, and Blockland automatically fixes it up via the patcher when it starts up so if you delete any files in the content folder and the overwritten files are still in the base folder, the Blockland patcher will fix it up automatically.

Here is a tutorial for stud textures.

Step 1: Go into config
Step 2: Go into content
Step 3: Make a folder in content tittled "data" (No quotes).
Step 4: Go into the data folder you just made.
Step 5: Make a folder in data tittled shapes.
Step 6: Go into the shapes folder you just made.
Step 7: Put in here your new Textures!
Step 8: Restart (or start) Blockland.
Step 9: Go onto Start Game.
Step 10: Have fun looking bricks at things with something else on them!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:00:38 PM by Trogtor »

"Sorry, we are unable to retrieve this document."

stuff I'll see whats happening

Fixed

I don't think you can even use this anymore, because there aren't even brick textures in the Blockland folder anymore.

I don't think you can even use this anymore, because there aren't even brick textures in the Blockland folder anymore.
Yeah there are

There are none for me...
Then your folder must be screwed up.

Then your folder must be screwed up.

my textures are still fine, so i never noticed...

anyway, telling me where the default textures are located?

my textures are still fine, so i never noticed...

anyway, telling me where the default textures are located?

base/data/shapes

base/data/shapes

i've been looking in the wrong place the entire time, they're still there. thanks.

seems like i can't get this to work. there is no content folder in config, so then i created one. i then proceed to make a base folder inside of that, a data folder inside that one, and a shape folder inside of that one. the shape folder is where i put the new textures, but when i opened blockland, i saw no difference, i noticed there were still white lines in the dark.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:50:37 PM by Sami2ss »

User/mydocs/blockland/base/data/shapes

Not in config.

User/mydocs/blockland/base/data/shapes

Not in config.

i followed the instructions, and it did not work. please read the instructions. :l

seems like i can't get this to work. there is no content folder in config, so then i created one. i then proceed to make a base folder inside of that, a data folder inside that one, and a shape folder inside of that one. the shape folder is where i put the new textures, but when i opened blockland, i saw no difference, i noticed there were still white lines in the dark.
You place them in MyDocs/Blockland/config/content/data/shapes

No creating the base folder

You place them in MyDocs/Blockland/config/content/data/shapes

No creating the base folder

No.