Author Topic: Private Sections - Now with 100% more truth!  (Read 8650 times)

Well,
Okay, well, I'll help fill in some of the blanks since the OP is really out of date. Most of those forums have been deleted.

I can tell you that one of the categories is called Archive - v8 and includes the forums Archive v8 - Add-Ons, Archive v8 - Maps, and Archive v8 - Faces, Decals, Prints. Shortly after v9 was released these forums were publicly accessible. v9 introduced a new add-on package format based on zip files. Before that add-ons were just random files and folders thrown in the add-ons folder. The boards were archived to give add-on owners an opportunity to convert their add-ons, then they were closed down after a few months. You can see some of those forums up in the main post. They've been merged, deleted, and renamed since then.

In the Files category, there is a forum called the Fail Bin. The Fail Bin contains add-ons in it that were deemed so horrible that they had to be hidden away for the safety of the community.

In the Blockland Forums category, there is a forum called Beta Discussion. This forum was initially used to discuss changes and features to the game before it was released. After Blockland was released, it continued to be used to test pre-release versions of new Blockland versions. The last version of Blockland we tested was v19. Now there's a constant update system and we test individual features on private servers, and news is posted to the public development board, so the forum has fallen into disuse. The last post in that forum was from December, 2011.

In the Off Topic thread there's a forum that mostly contains non-Blockland related projects produced by Badspot and the beta testers. You might see some of them if you follow PAX this year. The name of this forum is Cool People but this is in fact a misnomer, so don't feel bad that you can't view it even if you are a cool person. According to an official poll administered by kompressor, only 37.5% of the people who can access this board are in fact cool.

There is one more category and 2 more forums that I can't view. If had to guess, I would assume that it's a test category, and it probably contains a test forum, possibly for the RTB mod bot. I assume that the other forum is probably full of pictures of sharks skateboarding over an exploding volcano.
Theres the truth

Incase you want to see the old post..:

About
There are some sections, far off in the land of admins and other stuff, where we can not see, there are old things. Older than you perhaps.

The Sections
There are 2 sections.
Section 1: Archives.
Subsections:
Archive - Mods
Archive - Mod Snippets
Archive - Maps
Archive - ETC
Archive - Modding Discussion
Archive - Mapping Discussion
Archive - Gallery
Archive Suggestions

Section 2: ????
Subsections:
Failbin
???? to be discovered?

I made this topic because there sometimes is discussion of it and I would just like to set things straight.

Picture
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 08:08:12 PM by Brian Smithers »

i wanna view failbin so bad.

i wanna view failbin so bad.
We need top men to pull this heist off.

SMF is cool like dat.

ANONAMOUSE CALL DEM LOLOL

How do you figure this stuff out if it's so secretive?

it's the Area 51 of the forums

We'll need a distraction for our guys to start hacking the mainframe.

Rumor has it there are some special sections dedicated for those who participate in testing the game. You didn't hear it from me though.

Rumor has it there are some special sections dedicated for those who participate in testing the game. You didn't hear it from me though.

I heard it from you

it's the Area 51 of the forums
We'll need a distraction for our guys to start hacking the mainframe.

Quoted, I heard it from you.

Didn't Wedge say something like this?

also heist music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN480n5xRPg&feature=relmfu

I WANT TO READ
FAILLLLBINNN N

How about these guys? They need to infiltrate Badspot's house, log in as admin and change failbin to public. Give this information to them now and we'll soon be reading top secret stories and failed addons.