Author Topic: Animations in Blender  (Read 3334 times)

Is there a tutorial or guide or something on how to do weapon animations in Blender? I've found a couple, but all they do is teach how to move a bone from point A to point B and export. I have trouble when it comes to animating multiple bones for a single animation, and having multiple sequences for a model.

Okay, okay.
Give me some time on this, I'll upload a text doc on how to do what you want.

Wow, a response

Looking forward to it. Thanks in advance!

Yo.
Took a while to type up.
This isn't just for you either, it's for everyone too.

Oh wow, thank you (again), I'll check it out right now.

-6-Go the bones that are IN pose mode, and ONE BY ONE-
--->Click on the bone, go to the action editor, and open the drop down menu for the animation tracks, and select the animation you want that bone to be in.
So if I had a reload and firing animation and I wanted to animate the slide moving back and forth, do I have to make two seperate bones for the animation tracks?

So if I had a reload and firing animation and I wanted to animate the slide moving back and forth, do I have to make two seperate bones for the animation tracks?
nonono, the thing is.
Whenever I used to animate, I would animate one bone, and forget that the other bone is stuck in another animation track, so when I put in the keyframe, it would make a new action for me.

I put that there to avoid that so you can keep track of each bone and make sure it's in the correct track.

Yo.
Took a while to type up.
This isn't just for you either, it's for everyone too.
I didn't know you could animate in Blockland.

Pictures are helpful, why not make a post?

I didn't know you could animate in Blockland.

Pictures are helpful, why not make a post?
lol, I mean make animations for blockland.
Didn't make a post cause I was doing a bunch of other stuff at once.

Alright, then I'm probably doing something wrong. Excuse me if I appear as Blender-illiterate, probably because I am.

When I export my model after animating and all, the positioning of the model is completely off in-game (rotated 90 degrees, facing the wrong way, like a meter away). I'm pretty sure I have the mountPoint placed and named correctly, which probably means I'm doing something wrong. Here's the model hierachy:

And here's a list of the bones I want to animate, and the animations sequences they are in:
Bone nameEquip anim.Reload anim.Firing anim.
Rifle
LHand
RHand
Magazine
Slide

If you want a good look at the model, I'll be sending PMs since I want to keep this weapon confidential for the moment.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:05:34 AM by QuantumEagle »

If I got a penny every time I've posted this link.. Apply location, rotation, and scale.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=157886.0#post_fixing2

If I got a penny every time I've posted this link.. Apply location, rotation, and scale.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=157886.0#post_fixing2
When I tried that, the positioning of all the different parts of the model got all messed up. Didn't seem to help with the positioning of the model in-game either.

When I tried that, the positioning of all the different parts of the model got all messed up. Didn't seem to help with the positioning of the model in-game either.
It does. I've tried it with messed up models of all kinds and it has always worked. You can try doing this too.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=157886.0#post_fixing

So I've done the "Apply location, rotation and scale" bit in 2.5, redid the animations in 2.49 and applied Scale and Rotation to ObData again. The only improvement I get is the weapon facing forward properly. It's still a couple meters away from the player, the hands now messed up and only the muzzlePoint location seems to be off.

So I've done the "Apply location, rotation and scale" bit in 2.5, redid the animations in 2.49 and applied Scale and Rotation to ObData again. The only improvement I get is the weapon facing forward properly. It's still a couple meters away from the player, the hands now messed up and only the muzzlePoint location seems to be off.
PM me the blend.

Edit: Your empties are all over the place. Center the empties then apply loc, rot and scale and then export.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 04:50:03 AM by Demian »