Poll

What should I make this into?

CTF (Capture the flag)
4 (28.6%)
KOTH (Control one point to win)
3 (21.4%)
Attack Defend (One team attacks and the other must defend)
3 (21.4%)
Seige (Both teams try to capture all control points to win)
2 (14.3%)
Neutral CTF (One flag is spawned and both teams must try to bring it back)
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Dogfight Base W.I.P (Now a CTF)  (Read 2267 times)

VOTING DONE: THE MAP WILL BE CTF
Today I was bored and decided to build a little base on an island which then became a base for a dogfight server I have an idea for. I will probably add more and make the helipad look alot nicer later on but for now I will leave it as it is, the Red base is almost done and I will be working on the middle island soon, which will hold better weapons, AA weaponry, and a spawnpoint after it is captured.

Im hoping to include as much teamwork as possible, this means if your low on health you need a friend to heal you if you don't have a health item, and if your plan to parachute to the other teams base worked you'll need a ride back since these planes crash. I am also going to implement some sort of spawning system so players can instantly get to a certain part of their base like say the airstrip or heli spawn.

Why dogfight? Well, I love vehicle combat and Blockland is perfect for it, sadly most dogfight servers have no objective to complete that involves teamwork or the bases become to difficult to find. I also love strato's P51D's but I never see them in any server so I thought this would be perfect to have them in.

Heres the red base by itself with 2 mobile AA guns waiting in the garage. For now players spawn in the window area.

The Back Island completed, mainly used for howitzer and helipad use, it can also serve as a good sniper spot.

The Spawn area. Bland I know, but I will change it later.

An overview of the entire base.

Before you go be sure to vote on the poll as I'm having a tough time deciding what I should make it into.

Leave constructive critism but don't be mean about it please :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 10:01:37 PM by Frostbyte »

no blu?

OT:
looks nice, wouldn't mind if some-one used this for a tdm

no blu?

OT:
looks nice, wouldn't mind if some-one used this for a tdm
I will add blue, but Im wondering if I should copy this base or make a different design.

I will add blue, but Im wondering if I should copy this base or make a different design.

I wouldn't copy it, but make it similar to it. Simple and easy to figure out is the best option.

Thats also a pretty good design, but I would make the spawn vehicle bricks invisible just for an added touch.

I wouldn't copy it, but make it similar to it. Simple and easy to figure out is the best option.

Thats also a pretty good design, but I would make the spawn vehicle bricks invisible just for an added touch.
Thanks I'll probably make them invisible once it's fully complete.

Oh and for the middle island it will be as far so you can see the howitzer's only, which when I checked in-game was pretty dam far. Hue, I'm imagining that island is gonna be artillery shell central once this is done.

Holy stuff this looks incredibly well thought out and executed.
Nice, can't wait to see more or even get to play it.

Holy stuff this looks incredibly well thought out and executed.
Nice, can't wait to see more or even get to play it.
Thank you :D TDMs are always my thing and I love to make them creative but fun and fair :D.

I hope my internet will be able to fine when I hosts.

EDIT: Red's base is done, the spawnroom and armory seem a bit bland and I'll improve them later. I'll also begin anti-spawnkilling work tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:02:28 AM by Frostbyte »

Bump for updated pictures :D

Also I was telling my friend about what i was making, he even said he would get BL if I complete it:

Prof. Gooby: Well Im almost done actually
Prof. Gooby: Red base is complete
El Scorcho: Sniper tower, do it
Prof. Gooby: I was gonna do that
Prof. Gooby: Im also thinking of putting an attack chopper somewhere
El Scorcho: center island?
Prof. Gooby: I wanna make it huge
Prof. Gooby: Because tanks thats why
El Scorcho: Give them a reason to attack the center island, put the chopper there
El Scorcho: oh god
Prof. Gooby: Ok
El Scorcho: pull a bf3 and give amphibious vehicles
Prof. Gooby: I don't think anybody has amde them ye
Prof. Gooby: *yet
El Scorcho: Sad face
El Scorcho: Why not?
Prof. Gooby: I dunno
Prof. Gooby: I could put boats
El Scorcho: That'd be good
El Scorcho: Is there something that lets you breath underwater?
Prof. Gooby: Yeah
Prof. Gooby: I could also put a breathing mod on
Prof. Gooby: and the water is supposed to kill any vehicles
Prof. Gooby: except boats
El Scorcho: It'd be awesome if you made underwater tunnels in the bases
Prof. Gooby: Hmmm
Prof. Gooby: Thats a good thought

Le third bump, i finished the middle island today, it features 2 bunkers for each team, and a tower in the middle for controlling.

I may add A-10s due to the massive flat land on both sides of the island.

Pictures tomorrow and official topic when Blue base is done :D