Author Topic: Mounting a light to a player's right hand.  (Read 1460 times)

Topic name is pretty clear.
Is there a way to do this, even if it's a tad hacky? Though I'd prefer it not be.
I've already asked two people -- Nullable and Port -- if this is possible, and they both said no. I just don't see why one can put an emitter on a muzzle point but not a light. except that emitters are basically looping particle spawns

Topic name changed to fit 4th post. Read that.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 08:02:31 PM by Wheatley »

I've already asked two people -- ... Port -- if this is possible, ... said no.

I said it would be hacky, not impossible

It was pretty late at night when I posted that, so I probably wasn't thinking my phrasing through.
I meant you said it wasn't possible in a nonhackish method, and Nullable said it wasn't possible.

Ok, so, new idea.

How would I go about mounting a light to the player's left hand?
and would I need a separate new datablock for that light to have no .png image or whatever?

How would I go about mounting a light to the player's [WTF]left[WTF] hand?
ERROR
LOGICAL FAILURE ON LINE 3

ERROR SURROUNDED BY [WTF]

anyway, could you create an object- no. damn, i don't know. i will be monitoring this topic though!
and would I need a separate new datablock for that light to have no .png image or whatever?
yes, for sure.

lol oops, wrong hand.
Yes, I meant the right hand.

The only progress I've really made with this since I last posted is that the classname of the light is FxLightObjectType or something. I didnt really write it down (and I don't feel like going back to check right now), but I'm guessing that means I would use MountObject instead of MountImage, right? Or maybe I'm wrong.

I still need help with this aasdsaf

If you still want something like "Mounting a light to a weapon's muzzle point.", one way of doing it would be defining a emitter which just replicates a image flare in the state system. Then you can create a light with no flare and repeatedly move it to the muzzle point or mount a bot to the player somewhere and mount a light to it's left hand (same system as /light).

I can't check at the moment, but is it possible to mount a bot to the left hand while they have a weapon out since one is an image and the other an object?

Also, is light range affected by player scale?