Author Topic: Parkour Playertype (Update! [03.08.12])  (Read 20285 times)

Parkour Playertype

Description

Making a Mirror's Edge map? Want to create a parkour challenge? Don't want to use Agile Playertype?
    I've got what you want: Parkour playertype. It's simple design, Simple script and Simple controls will leave you happy! Make high-speed rooftop sniper TDM's, Parkour races or just have fun!

Features

• Wallclimb [Rightclick a brick]
    • Walljump [Hold spacebar + Rightclick]
    • Ledge grab [Rightclick a brick named "ledge"]
    • Ledge climb [Press spacebar when mounted to ledge]
    • Ledge drop [Press rightclick when mounted to ledge]
    • Acceleration
    • Quake-Like playertype speed and jump height
    • Stamina system
    • Good air control for amazing stunts
    • Animations for all actions
    • Easy-to-Read script for those who wish to modify it
    • Sound Effects straight from HL2

Planned features

• Sliding
    • Wallrun
    • Tricks system
    • Sidestepping

Credits
    Huge thanks to Port for the base script (Walljump, Wallclimb, Blur when falling)
    I tweaked the three features and added more awesome stuff.[/list]
    DOWNLOAD

NOTICE:
    This script is in it's Beta stage and may have some bugs. Also it may never leave the beta stage. If you find a bug, PLEASE tell me if you got any console errors, had other add-ons enabled, or if you are able to recreate it.
    « Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:12:25 AM by Crystalwarrior »

I've been waiting for something like this :D

:O
    Amazing!

Energy sucks, and the playertype is really buggy and hardly ever responds. You are blinded in vehicles. Blur effect is only whitening your screen and is just annoying. You slide to much. You can grab bricks that aren't named ledge as well.

I wouldn't recommend this add-on until it's bugs are fixed.
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:29:53 AM by Aware »

Yay, I can use this in my Desert RP

Yay, I can use this in my Desert RP
    wait a sec
    how is parkour revelant to desert
    I mean
    Desert is, like, plain?

wait a sec
    how is parkour revelant to desert
    I mean
    Desert is, like, plain?
    Idk, I just looked at the details and I need some really realistic player for it. :/

Idk, I just looked at the details and I need some really realistic player for it. :/
    Oh okay then :P

stuff bro this sounds awesome

better than all those agile playertype stuff before.

but as already stated remove stamina/add a second one without stamina since that doesn't play a significant role (if any?) in Mirrors Edge. Also, blockland doesn't have the same control over the player that ME offers, so you should add stamina to compensate for that.

i hope there's tic-tacs and cat leaps!

And reverse vaults and superman fronts!!

but as already stated remove stamina/add a second one without stamina since that doesn't play a significant role (if any?) in Mirrors Edge. Also, blockland doesn't have the same control over the player that ME offers, so you should add stamina to compensate for that.
    wat.
    But yeah, I will make seperate playertypes like:
    Code: [Select]
    No stamina playertype
    More stamina playertype
    Standard speed and jump height playertype
    Standard speed playertype
    Standard jump height playertype
    And the standard fixes will be seperate add-on due to datablocks :V

You can do tic tacs already! Just wall jump and land on a wall.
    I think I should add some fast stop feature as well, although I don't know what keys to use for it.
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:34:27 PM by Crystalwarrior »

superman fronts!!
    that's freerunning, and not possible in bl

that's freerunning, and not possible in bl
    Something similiar can still be done though.
    Step 1) Jump.
    Step 2) Crouch.
    Step 3) Stand up right before the ground
     :cookieMonster:

EDIT: Someone made a video about my playertype! Yay!
    utub

EDIT2:
    Energy sucks, and the playertype is really buggy and hardly ever responds. You are blinded in vehicles. Blur effect is only whitening your screen and is just annoying. You slide to much. You can grab bricks that aren't named ledge as well.

I wouldn't recommend this add-on until it's bugs are fixed.
    Thanks for pointing out, but please explain how is it hardly ever responding?
    I tested it on two different servers hosted by two completely different hosts, and it was pretty smooth for me and everyone else. Try being closer to the wall. There also might be a conflicting add-on.

About whiteout effect, I might make it a seperate add-on later on and look into the vehicles problem.
    And not being able to grab bricks not being named ledge, what else can I do? I don't know, if I allowed player to grab all the bricks it would be annoying of a feature. I let builders choose where to put ledges.

You can also name ledge any brick, which is a plus.
    Uh, excuse me, I have read through your comment carefully. What do you mean you can grab bricks not named ledge? It never happened to me. Can you provide me more information and try repeating the bug so I can fix it?
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:18:51 PM by Crystalwarrior »