Author Topic: Vce CTF events  (Read 944 times)

For the Operation Infiltration server we were using the slayer CTF, but we didn't want the infiltrators to have a capturable flag. We only wanted one team to have a capturable flag- the defenders.
So I gave VCE a shot. Here's the events
Code: [Select]
OnPlayerTouch(team1) > self > dissappear [-1]
OnPlayerTouch(team1) > minigame > chatmsgall > [<color:ffffff><font:impact:25>%1 has captured the Intel!]
OnPlayerTouch(team1) > player > editAppearance > unhidenode > pack
OnPlayerTouch(team1) > player > removeitem > parachute [v]
OnPlayerTouch(team1) > client >vce_modvariable [flag] set [1]
onminigamereset > self > dissappear [0]
OnMinigameDeath > client > Vce_ifvariable [flag] = [1] [7 8]
onvariabletrue > self > dissapear [0]
onvariabletrue > client > vce_modvariable [flag] set [0]
That's the flag, and this is the point that you have to return the flag to-
OnPlayerTouch(team1) > client > vce_ifvariable [flag] = 1
onvariabletrue > namedbrick-Intel > dissapear [0]
onvariabletrue > minigame > Win > triggerteam [Agents]
onvariabletrue > client > vce_modvariable [flag] set [0]

Players are able to capture the flag and they get the red pack to show that they have the flag, but then when they bring it back to the point- the second set of events- nothing happens. I made sure that the team name was "Agents" and they were the first team. Using slayer

Want me to edit the game mode script so only 1 team can capture
?

Want me to edit the game mode script so only 1 team can capture
?
Yeah, if you can find a way to make a defend the flag sort of gamemode that would be good. Thanks!

Yeah, if you can find a way to make a defend the flag sort of gamemode that would be good. Thanks!
Okay.

All looks good, except I'm a little confused.

So I assume the pack that you unhidenode for is the flag, and removing the parachute just gets rid of the chance that someone will mess up whether the pack is still on our not.  Is this correct?

Also, I was told this when I was starting out with typing events. The format takes a bit longer to type, but it is more organized.
[0] [0] [x] [onactivate] [self] [setcolor] [red]
[1] [0] [x] [onactivate][client] [VCEifvar] [something] [>=] [1] [2 4]

The brackets make it look more contained and better focused.  I provided two examples of how it should be written, this was not an addition to what you should add.

All looks good, except I'm a little confused.

So I assume the pack that you unhidenode for is the flag, and removing the parachute just gets rid of the chance that someone will mess up whether the pack is still on our not.  Is this correct?
Yeah the pack shows people he has the flag, and the parachute gets rid of the pack so I needed to get rid of the parachute.
Also, I was told this when I was starting out with typing events. The format takes a bit longer to type, but it is more organized.
[0] [0] [x] [onactivate] [self] [setcolor] [red]
[1] [0] [x] [onactivate][client] [VCEifvar] [something] [>=] [1] [2 4]

The brackets make it look more contained and better focused.  I provided two examples of how it should be written, this was not an addition to what you should add.
ok, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks, hopefully we can just edit the gamemode so only one team has a capture-able flag, otherwise I'm thinking it's just a glitch of some sort

Yeah, making it completely disable the flag spawning so nobody can take it.

Nothing is wrong there... Try putting onvariableFalse - client - centerprint - asdf
On the second set of events to see if its not working because the flag variable isnt 1, if it says asdf then its VCE's fault

Nothing is wrong there... Try putting onvariableFalse - client - centerprint - asdf
On the second set of events to see if its not working because the flag variable isnt 1, if it says asdf then its VCE's fault
I just now tried that sort of thing. Onactivate - client - bottomprint <var:cl:flag>
If I remember right that should tell you if you have that variable or not. But it showed nothing when it should have shown 1, I guess it's a Vce glitch

I just now tried that sort of thing. Onactivate - client - bottomprint <var:cl:flag>
If I remember right that should tell you if you have that variable or not. But it showed nothing when it should have shown 1, I guess it's a Vce glitch
Yeah I'll give the edited game mode tonight.

Yeah I'll give the edited game mode tonight.
Thanks a lot, this is basically the main and only issue we're really having. If and when you finish just give it to mango so he can add it to the server

Thanks a lot, this is basically the main and only issue we're really having. If and when you finish just give it to mango so he can add it to the server
I'll just add it to your server. It's almost done/

Simple addon edit.

I just literally added this to the flag::onPickup code :

if(%team.name $= "Guards")
   return;

It works, here's a youtube video showing it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxcGEQA45vw&feature=youtu.be

I have placed the addon in mango's folder, so tell me when you want it restarted (Jeep is done with remote start / stop)

Simple addon edit.

I just literally added this to the flag::onPickup code :

if(%team.name $= "Guards")
   return;

It works, here's a youtube video showing it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxcGEQA45vw&feature=youtu.be

I have placed the addon in mango's folder, so tell me when you want it restarted (Jeep is done with remote start / stop)
Perfect! Thanks!