Author Topic: lag out of nowhere comes and then leaves  (Read 770 times)

I was working on a build that recently and then out of nowhere the server started lagging like crazy. If I held one of the ghost brick directional keys it would only move once. I'd have to let go and press it a second time to get the ghost brick to move anymore. Sounds were acting a little glitchy as well. Then, like it came, it left out of nowhere. Right when the lag stopped, I heard the sound of all the bricks I broke during the lag simultaneously, as if all the sounds just barley registered. The only thing out of the ordinary in the conole was that it said
Code: [Select]
setcurrentquotaobject -- no quotaobject '254033' found!
setcurrentquotaobject -- no quotaobject '255075' found!
setcurrentquotaobject -- no quotaobject '255001' found!
setcurrentquotaobject -- no quotaobject '255096' found!

Being it that I don't know squat about coding, I don't know what that means or if it's helpful at all. But that's the only thing in the console other than player persistence since I loaded the build.

And once I finished typing that, I went back to my BL window to find that I'm lagging again.. nothing new in the console that wasn't there before.. :/

I lag in my client, sounds continue but video doesnt

bump, having this issue again. Only now I can move my bricks, everything else is the same. I'm trying to save bricks and it wont save unless whatever's causing this lag leaves.

bump, having this issue again. Only now I can move my bricks, everything else is the same. I'm trying to save bricks and it wont save unless whatever's causing this lag leaves.
also- if I make the overlap icon come up, it stays there unless the lag stops. If I die the corpse also stays

Well, I think I've found the problem. I disabled bot events, since they seem to be the cause of so many other glitches, and what do you know the lag stops

Try disabling the duplicator mod as well. It's known to cause spam of that becuase of the $ADDON__JVS_Content variable being set to 1 even when the addon isn't activated.

Try disabling the duplicator mod as well. It's known to cause spam of that becuase of the $ADDON__JVS_Content variable being set to 1 even when the addon isn't activated.
ok. If I get any more lag I'll try that, but at the moment it seems like bot events were the problem.

That "setcurrentquoteobject" junk in your console is just spam, most likely caused by an add-on.
The spam shouldn't cause the lag, though.  The spam can just get annoying.

That "setcurrentquoteobject" junk in your console is just spam, most likely caused by an add-on.
The spam shouldn't cause the lag, though.  The spam can just get annoying.
On older computers errors can cause an impact to your CPU even as small as .009 percent it can cause a hit when its happening 300 times a second.