2012/08/10 - Bugs

Author Topic: 2012/08/10 - Bugs  (Read 146106 times)

Also, i'm haing a problem with the environmental selection menus. The little drop down ones for the sun. sky, water, and ground.

Can you make it so that they all scroll and are a row or two smaller because i sometimes run the game on the lowest res and i can't fully access the menus.

I'm having issues..
I was working on one build of mine and right as I hit save I got a "Blockland.exe has stopped working."
A few days later, today, same thing happened. It seems pretty random so I never thought to type trace into the console. But each time when I reloaded the save, a huge fraction of the build was missing. Today I had a build with well over 10 thousand bricks and only 77 remained.
     I restarted Blockland and now there's black lines and graphical glitches everywhere. I took a few screenshots but you can't seem them that well. It's just a bunch of thin black lines streaking nthe ground and bricks

I'm having issues..
I was working on one build of mine and right as I hit save I got a "Blockland.exe has stopped working."
A few days later, today, same thing happened. It seems pretty random so I never thought to type trace into the console. But each time when I reloaded the save, a huge fraction of the build was missing. Today I had a build with well over 10 thousand bricks and only 77 remained.
this used to happen to me constantly, i recommend removing the save-saver addon by ephialtes as an extra precaution if you have it, it's broken anyway cause of the update.

this used to happen to me constantly, i recommend removing the save-saver addon by ephialtes as an extra precaution if you have it, it's broken anyway cause of the update.

Wait.

That must be it.

I've checked all the times it happened to me and it always happened when I was trying to overwrite another save file.
Those are the only times it happened to me.

I didn't notice earlier despite my work on an enormous project because I almost never overwrite save files.

save saver? I'll check to see if I have that, thanks

edit- nope, I don't have that. Vinny said it has something to do with the max shaders setting? I don't know what though
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:14:47 PM by Mysteroo »

Button letters become gibberish when I change resolution, and 'Checking CDN for NUMBER files' stops working at some servers, forcing me to rejoin.

Are you supposed to be able to damage yourself outside a minigame in single player mode?

Are you supposed to be able to damage yourself outside a minigame in single player mode?
I'm assuming you ran a default game mode to double check this?

I'm assuming you ran a default game mode to double check this?
Custom game mode, default add-ons. Was able to damage myself with a rocket launcher to the foot. Exited to menu, restarted server, only change was that it was now passworded internet, and was no longer able to do it.

Custom game mode, default add-ons. Was able to damage myself with a rocket launcher to the foot. Exited to menu, restarted server, only change was that it was now passworded internet, and was no longer able to do it.

It probably has to do with packages not deactivating properly.

I just tried this with freebuild in singleplayer and I was able to damage myself.

Unsure what's causing it.

I wonder how long it's been like this.

Edit: I suppose it could be on purpose.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 08:31:32 PM by Rotondo »

It probably has to do with packages not deactivating properly.
Never activated any in the first place that would affect it. Ran a trace. The minigamecandamage function was not edited by a package. Both objects' getminigamefromobject checks returned -1 and minigamecandamage still returned 1. Only other thing could be that it's completely overwritten, but I haven't installed or run any add-ons that would do that.

Edit: I suppose it could be on purpose.
That's what I was thinking. Possibly to not confuse demo players by allowing them to play with the game's weapons without needing to figure out minigames?

'Checking CDN for NUMBER files' stops working at some servers, forcing me to rejoin.
Also I have just deleted cache.db, and now it takes forever to download all those files. I always have to close and reopen.

Not sure if its a bug or whatever or if its torque being dumb but if i go far away i get a strange glitch with the player and if i go even more the collision of the ground goes and everything goes stupid.
Pics below.

Strange glitch with player:

Collision going and everything going stupid:

EDIT: I did this with shaders on max.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:14:09 AM by K3k0m@n »

Not sure if its a bug or whatever or if its torque being dumb but if i go far away i get a strange glitch with the player and if i go even more the collision of the ground goes and everything goes stupid.
Pics below.

Strange glitch with player:

[img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37169568/Blockland%202012-08-29%2012-10-43-83.png[/img]

Collision going and everything going stupid:

[img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37169568/Blockland%202012-08-29%2012-11-22-11.png[/img]

EDIT: I did this with shaders on max.

This has always occurred in all versions of Blockland. It's nothing new.