Author Topic: TUTORIAL: Changing a Colorset (v21)  (Read 2431 times)

I'm making this tutorial because people keep asking how to change their colorset, and it's getting very annoying. So here it is, my detailed tutorial for idiots.

1. Download a colorset. This will look like Colorset_name.zip For example i'm using Trueno's colorset.

2. Open the file you downloaded, you will see these files. Ignore all of them but colorSet.txt. Keep that opened, we'll need it later.

3. Find the server config folder. On a PC this is located at C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Blockland\config\server. You will see this folder also has a colorSet.txt file. Again, ignore all the other files.

4. Now that you know where the files are, drag the colorSet.txt from the 2nd step to the folder from the 3rd step. This will pop up, just press "Move and Replace." (This is important!)

And there you have it. Launch blockland or start a server and the colorset should be installed.

Alternatively, you can type this in the console in the start game menu:
canvas.pushdialog(RTB_ColorManager);
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 05:09:21 PM by Subpixel »

Was this needed?
I guess maybe not, but it's really annoying having to explain how to change a colorset to people with them not knowing what the forget I'm telling them to do.

This was life before RTB, kids.

Thanks, I don't think a lot of people know about this because of the convenience of
RTB

Hiya sonny! This is what we did before RTB! Except I still do it this way.

Was rtb around in v12? because that's when I joined but I still remember doing it this way.. :o

Was rtb around in v12? because that's when I joined but I still remember doing it this way.. :o
I'm pretty sure it was around but wasn't extremely popular.

Completly insane... First, shaders dont work correctly with intels cards (i have 1gb one, just to say), many bugs are found everywere in the game, and now, to change the colorset, you need to manually modify it... i say WTF to v21...

Completly insane... First, shaders dont work correctly with intels cards (i have 1gb one, just to say), many bugs are found everywere in the game, and now, to change the colorset, you need to manually modify it... i say WTF to v21...
this was how you used to have to do it, this is just because rtb hasn't been updated yet

You know if you have RTB you can type this into console before starting game...

You know if you have RTB you can type this into console before starting game...

I never knew that.. that's pretty cool, thanks.

Does anyone know when Ephialtes will fix this?

Does anyone know when Ephialtes will fix this?

He did with the latest update.