Storm Mod: Thunder and Lightning (1.0)

Author Topic: Storm Mod: Thunder and Lightning (1.0)  (Read 14010 times)

Storm Mod: Thunder & Lightning

Description
Storm Mod is a mod that enables server Super Admin's to create a thunderstorm in their server. This mod, unlike others, will flash, and play sounds. It has a realistic flicker effect that you would see with real lightning. When lightning strikes, the entire map will be lit up!

Intervals
Lightning strikes every 10 - 20 seconds

Screenshots (click to enlarge)

Bugs
- None

How to Use
/startStorm - Starts Storm
/stopStorm - Ends Storm

Download
Version 1

Can you have this toggle-able in the Environmental GUI?

Can you have this toggle-able in the Environmental GUI?
It's already toggle-able. It's off by default. You have to turn it on or off via /startStorm or /stopStorm

Love it! Does it play an emmiter? Also can you make it hit a few spots you choose for it? Like /strucklightninghere

Love it! Does it play an emmiter? Also can you make it hit a few spots you choose for it? Like /strucklightninghere
No emitter yet. It would be really hard to guess where to place the emitter randomly in Slate

He wants a toggle switch in enviroment gui. I believe

I could definitely look into it.

Also I want to be able to set what locations lightning/thunder will strike.

LOL

Aide33's going to be PISSED! hahaha

Nice job, though!

LOL

Nice job, though!
He has no reason.
This is quite a bit better.

LOL

Nice job, though!
This one is way more practical. The other one has useless scripts in there for the "lols". I kid you not. This has a realistic flicker, random intervals, better sounds, and doesn't screw up lighting. And is also way more stable.

This one is way more practical. The other one has useless scripts in there for the "lols". I kid you not. This has a realistic flicker, random intervals, better sounds, and doesn't screw up lighting. And is also way more stable.
Well I guess you're right :/
But what do you mean by useless scripts in for the "lols"?
Oh you mean the fake AI to change the environment setting?
I didn't know you could do it otherwise

I think the direct color that the lightning gives off should be different, from the picture it looks like the sun exploded.

Also, is it possible to have the lightning strike from different angles on the map? I'm sure you could do that by changing the azimuth of sun/lightning to something random when it's striking and then put it back to what it was originally.

Anyways I'm pretty mad right now because it makes 3 add-ons that a make that some one else makes before me and releases. :c

I didn't mean to steal your thunder. I just wanted a storm mod that was more "realistic".