BlockWorld, a clientsided game. - Ingame Screenshot PG9

Poll

How should stats be displayed

When you click your character
Displayed in menu under/aside/ontop of map
Other (explain in post)

Author Topic: BlockWorld, a clientsided game. - Ingame Screenshot PG9  (Read 7628 times)

I was thinking about redoing TribalRP, I decided it would be a waste of time since the concept of the GameMode is stuff. So I wanted to do something MMO Styled. So I decided to make a clientmod that is a MMORPBM (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Blockland Mod). The game is that you are a little RPG character playing in a little RPG, with everyone playing with you. That means everyone is on the same world as you, if you walk past someone you see them, not really a big thing but they will appear as - a square. So will you, this RPG is entirely in squares. It'll be like a normal RPG. The server is going to be written in Python, the screen is 288x288, since we are using 16x16 squares that fits an exactly 18x18 square size. That may be changable in the future.

The idea is that the Blockland does nothing but display some things they receives from this TCP connection, giving it no stress at all. This way I can have all this complex things going on and the game wont lag at all, i think. The Python Server will be doing lots of work though, managing up to ~Number Goes Here~ amount of players at once, and 1,000 chunks (250 x 250), and 104,976,000,000 plots (18x18 chunks, 324 squares per chunk, with a world of a size at 324,000 x 324,000), and AIs, all at the same time. And possibly chat. Espically one just for managing the billions of land plots :)  I probably got some math wrong here, because I did this all on the spot, so please correct me if you see any mistakes.

Gameplay will be really simple. You go around finding monsters to battle, when you battle a monster you get EXP and carcass parts (bones, flesh, antlers, unicorn blood, etc.) which you can sell. With money you can by new armor/weapons. New weapons for better monsters, more EXP/Levels the new types of armor you can get and the farther from home you can go, Level 1 has to stay within a 1 chunk radius, level 2 stays within 3, level 3 stays withing 5, etc. it skips 1 for every level. The further out the new stores, the new monsters the harder monsters. Pretty simple, right? You login with a username/password (possibly) and can have up to 3 characters (and you could possibly be able to buy more). Classes can have different types of weapons, magic might come later on in the game. When you see someone if you click on them you can see what they actually look like (instead of just a square).

Python Server - More
TCP Client - More
GUI - More
Graphics - Everything

Brian SmithEverything so far.
JincuxScripts/GUIs
FluffyGUIs/Networking
AlphadinPictures
-
If you want to help you can just put in your name, bl_id, what you want to help with (Python, TorqueScript, GUI, Graphics, Sounds, Hosting [doubts], and testing [first there will be 10-20 testers to test out the mod itself, but they have to help with the actual mod too in some way, after it is done, a stress test will be done with 60 people, then 100 people, until we find a good max amount of players online.])
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 05:48:05 PM by Brian Smithers »

~Reserved~
GUI Mockup
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:20:20 PM by Brian Smithers »

Name: Ark
BLID: 11788

I want to test, host, and do Graphics
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:49:54 PM by Darkmaster20 »

Sounds great, good luck :D

I can help out with anything. I've been thinking of a Blockland MMO for awhile but never thought of having it all in singleplayer. Good thinking, Brian.

Name: Ark
BLID: 11788

I want to test, host, and do Graphics
Hosting is for someone who owns a Dedicated Server with really good internet.

Hosting is for someone who owns a Dedicated Server with really good internet.
I can host 24/7, with 4gb of ram

I can help out with anything. I've been thinking of a Blockland MMO for awhile but never thought of having it all in singleplayer. Good thinking, Brian.
what
singleplayer? you mean in a GUI on any server at any time you want :D

I can host 24/7, with 4gb of ram
My regular computer has 4 times more RAM than that and can't host it :cookieMonster: (literally, 16GB of RAM)

My regular computer has 4 times more RAM than that and can't host it :cookieMonster: (literally, 16GB of RAM)

Well, we can host alot. Can I try?

what
singleplayer? you mean in a GUI on any server at any time you want :D
Oh. I got a different impression from what you said. I like my idea that I formed off of yours. Carry on.

Oh. I got a different impression from what you said. I like my idea that I formed off of yours. Carry on.
:C don stl mi idr :c

Well, we can host alot. Can I try?
(number in brackets is people in testing)
during alpha[10] then beta[20] I will be hosting, then strength test 1[60] will be hosted on a Dedicated Server (considering asking Nullable) same as strength test 2[100]. Then release will be on same dedi server.

(number in brackets is people in testing)
during alpha[10] then beta[20] I will be hosting, then strength test 1[60] will be hosted on a Dedicated Server (considering asking Nullable) same as strength test 2[100]. Then release will be on same dedi server.
I can hold 99 people