Author Topic: 64x64 planet bricks  (Read 3779 times)

i used to remember the old planets map how there was planets everywhere.
 but since V21 has eliminated this feature, how about some planet bricks?

just simply an oval brick at the size of a 64x64 cube (or bigger/smaller), but you can only enter half of the brick (as the planets surface).
build inside it, of course.
it could have different patterns like a planet with craters or one like earth

if you are concerned about poly count, it could just be a cube or whatever.

if you are lost and have no idea what on earth im talking about, heres a diagram.

this isn't a totally bad idea
there should also be smaller ones, specifically 32x and maybe 16x, although 16x's a bit small

also, for the next image you make, get rid of the background first, and then do the art and text

this isn't a totally bad idea
there should also be smaller ones, specifically 32x and maybe 16x, although 16x's a bit small

also, for the next image you make, get rid of the background first, and then do the art and text

smaller and larger ones would be superb,

and yeah, I will take your advice for the art when i next do another one.

how about meteorite bricks?

smaller and larger ones would be superb,
I think 64x64x64 is actually the limit for bricks

if you are lost and have no idea what on earth im talking about...

O u.

i've seen bigger

i dunno, i think i have some pretty big bricks lying around that are over 64x

It would be nice to make a map with "floating brick" feature. So you can place some planet bricks in a floating space map without slate ground.

But I think you can only make this possible for mini cities. Because the draw distance limit is 1000, some years ago the draw distance was unlimited. I doubt if someone makes this, actually I started with modelling in Milkshape this week and I can give it a try for my first brick add-on. So far what I'm doing is making an own planets map for another game, but too bad that version 21 removed terrains and interiors.

There is also one problem: When you shoot inside those planet spheres the emitters will not be visible.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 09:57:16 AM by Antares »

pretty sure there were some 128x's lying around

pretty sure there were some 128x's lying around
or bigger.

if someone made it so that players could live on it like antares old planet map, that would be superb

This would be a cool feature, but idk, I don't really like the idea of a premade planet design.

I think I know how this could easily be done, with two bricks.

A new zonebrick pack with polycube like print sides.  Put a quarter cube baseplate block on the bottom of the zonebrick area.  Make world polycube prints.  Done.  You can't see the outside of the world from the inside because it's a zonebrick, and you can only see the outside of the zonebrick from the outside.

So... Someone make a zonebrick with polycube like print sides.  Or a 64x polycube with the ability to build in it.  I might try and do this.

This would be a cool feature, but idk, I don't really like the idea of a premade planet design.

I think I know how this could easily be done, with two bricks.

A new zonebrick pack with polycube like print sides.  Put a quarter cube baseplate block on the bottom of the zonebrick area.  Make world polycube prints.  Done.  You can't see the outside of the world from the inside because it's a zonebrick, and you can only see the outside of the zonebrick from the outside.

So... Someone make a zonebrick with polycube like print sides.  Or a 64x polycube with the ability to build in it.  I might try and do this.

no, i dont want to use more than 1 brick for a planet's surface.

Maybe a huge round brick that has a texture on it but no collision and you can build in it
Then just put plates in it

You don't need an addon. Lookup sphere generator. You have to package it, though.