Author Topic: Save/Load Brick Extensions: Environment Settings - Updated v2 - Now on RTB  (Read 3494 times)

As requested by Bester Bageler

This handy add-on allows you to save the environment settings along with the bricks whenever you save, and then load that environment when you load the bricks!
And it's completely client-side, so you can use it on any server you're admin on!

Screenshots:

Important Notes:
- Fixed button alignment issues with delete extension. May cause alignment issues with other add-ons that modify the save/load bricks gui, if you find any that do, please link
- Due to the admin restriction on environment settings, saving the environment does not work if you are not admin

>>>View on RTB<<<
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:01:32 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

Yes
Will you marry me?
No homo

I love you.
Will you marry me?
You know how much homo. ;)

Wuv to all!

Great Addon btw, effective for my project.

Just check if my add-on exists

and then add an offset/size difference to the 2 existing buttons

or rather, delete the existing buttons because mine deletes them and recreates them

Ok for some reason when I read your code I missed an if and thought you were deleting and remaking every time you opened the gui.

I still don't understand why you're deleting the buttons but I'll get something done soon when I'm less busy.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:06:29 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

Ok for some reason when I read your code I missed an if and thought you were deleting and remaking every time you opened the gui.

I still don't understand why you're deleting the buttons but I'll get something done soon when I'm less busy.
When the GUI is loaded, or opened for the first time (forget which) my Delete button needs to fit inbetween the buttons to look good

by default, I can't fit in all 3 without it looking bad, so I delete the cancel and load buttons, and recreate them with the new position/extent variables

this only happens once

I have a check in place to check if my delete button exists upon doing so, if not it executes my GUI

Yes
Will you marry me?
No homo

Can I stick my snake in your ass? No homo

OT: Looks good, got my DL

When the GUI is loaded, or opened for the first time (forget which) my Delete button needs to fit inbetween the buttons to look good

by default, I can't fit in all 3 without it looking bad, so I delete the cancel and load buttons, and recreate them with the new position/extent variables

You used onWake
And you could just move and resize instead of deleting.
I'm going to make a fix now, though.
Done.
Please redownload if you use Siba's delete extension

Will submit to RTB soon if no one's found issues with it
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:29:31 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

My god...

It's great when someone takes a simple concept that needs to be added, and adds it.
I mean it's rare when you see something this great come out.
Thank you.
Sincerely, The Blockland Players

Siba you can just use GuiControl.resize(x,y,width,height) to resize or set the position/extents manually and they will work fine

Siba you can just use GuiControl.resize(x,y,width,height) to resize or set the position/extents manually and they will work fine
I was not aware of this at the time

Could I not have used gui.position, extent too?