[pd] Public Domain

Author Topic: [pd] Public Domain  (Read 14527 times)

Public Domain

This is a new clan which aims to discourage Blockland's general attitude of exclusivity by gathering and creating builds made available to the public for open reuse, play, and editing.

We wish to create a pool of useful saves, from props and event mechanisms to complete scenes and courses, which anyone can use for any reason.

News

October 10 - Eksiten Island V1 added to contributions
September 21 - Dezcaban joins [pd]; Dezcaban's Sato Shanty (part of the clan's logo) added to contributions
September 17 - Sleven joins [pd]; Sleven's Medieval Outpost and Eksi's Cities XL 2012 Collection 1 added to contributions
September 16 - Clan created by Eksi and Railyx; First contribution added by Eksi
September 15 - Railyx creates a spiffy logo out of Eksi's screenshot
September 8 - Seed planted by Sleven's Medieval Outpost

How to Join

Offer a build of your own creation to be released for public use.

If it is fairly novel, of good quality, and I can think of a good way to use it in a server or video, you'll be accepted.

Quality over quantity, to the fullest extent. A nice table will be appreciated more than a mediocre room or subpar house. A great bench, more than a boring city block.

All players can download released saves, and can contribute saves without joining. Membership shows your more active support of this clan, and gives you more say in certain decisions which may be made.

Members & Accolades

Eksi [13559] - Founder
Experienced video creator
Affinity for RGB
College student - Please be patient

Railyx [11024] - Co-founder
Electronic music producer
Special effects/graphics designer

Sleven [4540]
Inspiration for clan

Dezcaban [30187]

Recent Contributions

kalphiter's server status .php if you're that kind of guy
http://files.kalphiter.com/server-status.zip

Details inside.

Right-click links with [Download] in front of them to save

Eksiten Island V1 (abandoned)

[Download] Save
[Download] Preview image

Created by: Eksi
Added by: Eksi
Date added: October 10, 2012
Requirements: GSF's Terrain Bricks
Description: Eksi's first attempt at using Terrain Bricks on a large scale, abandoned due to a failure to follow vision.

Dezcaban's Sato Shanty

[Download] Save
[Download] Preview image

Original thread

Created by: Dezcaban
Added by: Dezcaban
Date added: September 21 2012
Requirements: Vertical print bricks, pole bricks, 1 random brick pack, Demian's brick pack
Description: A makeshift walled shelter surrounded by hilly terrain.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 12:27:16 PM by Eksi »

Contributions

Right-click links with [Download] in front of them to save

Eksi's Trees

[Download] Save
[Download] Preview image

Date added: September 16 2012
Requirements: Brick_BlackDragonIV for willow tree
Description: Two medium-sized blocky trees. Saved with default colorset. Trunk/branches and leaves are connected, allowing quick color switches with fillcan.

Comr4de's Save Megathread

Thread

Added by: Comr4de
Date added: September 16 2012

Sleven's Medieval Outpost

[Download] Save
[Download] Preview image

Original thread

Created by: Sleven
Added by: Sleven
Date added: September 17 2012
Requirements: Default
Description: Three of Sleven's medieval builds, merged together with terrain and trees. The inspiration for this clan.

Eksi's Cities XL 2012 Collection 1

Click to download

Date added: September 17 2012
Requirements: List of brick requirements
Download Eksi's City Colors V1 (No RTB)
Download all required bricks (RTB info included)

Description: Nine building exteriors from Cities XL 2012
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 04:24:17 PM by Raeyok »

I like the philosophy. Content is a bit drab so far but that is just a matter of time really. Really helpful for movie development when there might not be time to make entire sets.

The minute I saw that rainbow in the picture, I knew Raeyok was working on this lol

I like the philosophy. Content is a bit drab so far but that is just a matter of time really. Really helpful for movie development when there might not be time to make entire sets.
Yes... We have to start somewhere though. I figure trees are pretty basic things people seem to need all the time.

does this qualify me or do i have to do something original
It seems a little less in the spirit of creative connectivity and more in the spirit of FINE HERE YOU GO but yes, that could qualify. Do you plan on making more public saves?

Not that it would create a problem, but I'd rather people not join this clan just to say (to themselves if nothing else) they were able to qualify for another clan.

I'm going to bed very soon, will return tomorrow afternoon.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:17:16 PM by Eksi »

How about some apartment building exterior styles with 1x4x5 windows?

useful for either studying buildings or adding a large wall to a deathmatch

Yes... We have to start somewhere though. I figure trees are pretty basic things people seem to need all the time.

Oh yes totally. Its one of those builds that seems really easy in concept but then-- OOPS. Its not.

I've finally got my own style of tree build but I'd rather just use someone elses for convenience haha.

It seems a little less in the spirit of creative connectivity and more in the spirit of FINE HERE YOU GO but yes, that could qualify. Do you plan on making more public saves?

Not that it would create a problem, but I'd rather people not join this clan just to say (to themselves if nothing else) they were able to qualify for another clan.

I'm going to bed very soon, will return tomorrow afternoon.
no, this actually interests me, and i understand your concerns completely

for the sake of it, I'll whip something up tomorrow
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:28:25 PM by comr4de »

Would fully functioning Blockland PC's count?

Would fully functioning Blockland PC's count?

I think they would. What do you think, Eksi?

I think they would. What do you think, Eksi?
Sure, if it does cool stuff.

Will be adding a fairly more interesting contribution of my own along with a colorset, once the set is approved for RTB. (I might just include a non-RTB version with the .zip if it isn't approved for a while)