Author Topic: Avatar not showing correct face  (Read 1803 times)

When I want to change the face for my character, the little icon is always blank, and then when I choose one, like shown in the picture below...

It is also blank in the icon, but it looks good on my preview on the right, but then I go in-game...

And it turned into a whole different face.

Any help on this?

Does this happen on all servers or just your own?
If it's only on your own, do you have fillcan enabled?

Does this happen on all servers or just your own?
If it's only on your own, do you have fillcan enabled?
My observation is that the fillcan problem also applies if you host your own server and then join another server without shutting down blockland, so I'd ask if you still encounter the problem when you start up blockland and join a server without hosting your own.

I have this problem all the time too, no matter the server. Needs to be fixed.

Me too.

I have this problem whenever I download more faces.
But I also have the fillcan and I usually have a comepletley black head so I never see the face anyway.

I found the cause to this problem might be that a face/decal you downloaded is missing a thumbs folder.

The problem is the fillcan. Turn it off, re-start Blockland and your faces will work.

The problem is the fillcan. Turn it off, re-start Blockland and your faces will work.

I see no way that a purely server-sided add-on could cause this:

I see no way that a purely server-sided add-on could cause this:

Its an issue with the bit of code that changes the head node when using the fillcan on players.

Go through the fillcan server.cs and find-and-replacing all instances of "$face" with "$randFace".
It will fix the problem. It did for me.