Author Topic: "No Ground" Ground - Removes the ground as a selection from the environment menu  (Read 4412 times)

"No Ground" Ground - Remove the ground by selecting it in the environment menu.
Put both add-ons in Blockland/Add-Ons/

What is it?
"No Ground" Ground is actually a real "Ground_x" add-on that you can choose from your environment menu.

Once you choose this ground (the icon is a N) from your environment menu, the ground will be removed. Once you choose another ground, the ground will be restored to whatever texture you chose.

Do you see how this differs from my original "Toggle-Able Ground"?

This mod was suggested by Headcrab Zombie over here.

Why is this not in "Environment Files" ?
The thing is that this ground is special, it is not meant to be an actual ground texture, it is supposed to remove the ground.

Therefore, it needs a server side script (Support_GroundNone) that detects ground changing and does the action if you pick "None".

Pictures :

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:44:31 PM by Pacnet2012³ »

Did you make it so the ground shadow also becomes invisible?  Because I already gave you the code to do that in the last thread.

Actually, people could just simply go to "Advanced", and set the ground color transparent. :I

Actually, people could just simply go to "Advanced", and set the ground color transparent. :I

No, the point is to delete the ground once chosen.

Why is it in 2 parts?

You can't include scripts in a Ground_ add-on.

Did you make it so the ground shadow also becomes invisible?  Because I already gave you the code to do that in the last thread.

I might do that today.

Does this mean that all bricks there are now floating and have the destroying-floating-bricks-chain-reaction issue?

If so is there any way to make them "solid"?

I don't like mediafire

Can somebody upload this to dropbox? I need it

Please upload to localhostr. My PC wont let me download it, and I really want it.

I don't like mediafire

Can somebody upload this to dropbox? I need it
no

You can't include scripts in a Ground_ add-on.
So then don't use Ground_ to package it.

Why a big ugly N? Why not just use the None that the water uses?

Why a big ugly N? Why not just use the None that the water uses?
This would be much better.
Please, Pacnet, think of usability.
Don't just go out and release it ASAP.
Think fo what could be a good way.

Thinking of this instead of your other way and jes00's suggestion wouldn't have taken you long to think of.
Try to make it easy and appealing as much as possible.
Even with little effort it could be improved.