Author Topic: Steam Account Hijacked  (Read 1841 times)

So I was interrupted in the middle of playing Chivalry, and Steam prompted me that my credentials have expired, and to re-enter them. So I entered them, but it remarked that they were incorrect. So I went through the entire 'Forgot Password' process, and changed my password. But then, once I tried to log in again, it said the password was incorrect.

So I tried logging in on the Mac side of my computer, and it strangely worked. But a few minutes later, it prompted me again with that horrid 'Account Credentials have Expired' prompt. I'll do the best I can to figure out what the heck is happening.

God, I am shaking like mad right now.

Can you guys help me?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:03:49 PM by rooster767 »

Why don't you have steam guard on?

If your account is stolen you'll need to contact steam support here https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php
Provide the following information:

Steam account name for hijacked account
     The original contact e-mail for the account
    Select “Account Questions” as the category and “Hijacked or Stolen Account” as the subcategory.
    Proof of purchase for the account as outlined below:
            If  retail software is registered to the account, attach a digital photo or scan of the CD Key registered to the account. Write your Support Ticket Number on the quick reference card or CD Key sticker below the code in permanent ink. 

If a game was purchased through Steam with a credit card, please provide the following:

The Card Type (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express)
    Full Name on the Card
    The last four digits of the credit card number - Do not provide the full credit card number

If a game was purchased through Steam using a PayPal account, please provide:

The Billing Name on the PayPal Account
    The full Billing Address on the PayPal Account
    The PayPal PayerID
    The Invoice ID and the Transaction ID

It'll take about 2-3 days generally.

I do have Steam guard on, which is extremely strange. Thanks for the help, though! I am now typing up a ticket.

uh
this just means your credit card needs to be renewed(?)

uh

Does it not allow you to log in if you need to renew your credit card?

I don't even use a credit card, anyway. I use PayPal.

EDIT: I believe I have a few games incorporated with Steam on my HumbleBundle account, and I'll send that as a reply with my ticket.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:28:37 PM by rooster767 »

uh
no it doesn't.

uh

ok honestly

how the hell do you even come to that conclusion?

uh

I don't think credentials means what you think it means

Somewhere I thought it said credit card, I do apologize.

Is there anything I can do to speed up this process? I can't stand to have the disability of playing Chivalry.

I've heard of a secret question you can use to login. However, I can't find out how to use it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:13:55 PM by rooster767 »

Bump.

I checked out of school, because of what happened yesterday according to my friend. I do not want to be VAC banned, and have to pay around $1,000 to get my games back.

I have confirmed this is a hacker, and I am pretty sure the hacker is using a 3rd party program to use my account.

So, I asked my friend to monitor my account, and he actually found something very interesting. Apparently the hacker started up several games at once, because my friend claimed he saw several 'x is playing...' prompts pop up one after another. This alone confirms this is a hacker, and I came to a theory of a 3rd party program being used, because I know Steam does not allow you to start several games up at once. This scares me.

Anybody have any knowledge regarding this, or any ideas on how to resolve this problem? I still have my ticket up and going, so I should hopefully be on track.

EDIT: Steam Support wrote back to me, and reset my password. Everything is fine now. :D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:43:32 PM by rooster767 »