Store Management Adventures with Mr.Noßody Ep: 1

Author Topic: Store Management Adventures with Mr.Noßody Ep: 1  (Read 973 times)

Backstory
I work at a grocery store as the Maintenance Manager aka "The Porter". What that essentially is, is the guy who keeps things running, neat and orderly. If a soda machine breaks down, I have to fix it. If a light goes out, I replace it. If somebody dies in the bathroom, I dispose of the evidence. My job is not limited to cleaning, repairs, and overall store appearance. I take the departments trash away, clean the bathrooms and sweep floors when needed.

"When the stuff hits the floor"
Episode 1

Now normally, people use the bathroom when they need to make a movement, but today was special. There I was sweeping the floors when I get called to the cafe (a small dining area next to the bathrooms and in front of the Pizza Shop). I thought, "Oh, someone must have spilled a drink or something." I was wrong. From what seems to have happened, somebody decided the bathroom was just too far away and stuff on the floor under a chair. But that's not all! Apparently someone had stepped in it and had trailed it through half the damned store. Now, the question remains: why the hell did someone stuff on my floor?! Judging by the splatter pattern, there was no pants involved. It was as if someone dropped 'trou, reversed flank and fired the main cannons. I had to scout down all the smears in the floor all the while keeping customers back so they don't step in it too. Boy what a hassle.

Summary

Someone stuff under a chair in the cafe where I work and someone had stepped in it tracking it through half the store. I had to clean it up. They had something with beans in it for lunch.

Now this happened on Saturday at around 4:45 that afternoon. Just felt like sharing.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:52:30 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Boy, I can't wait for episode 2!

Don't know whether to laugh or feel bad for you, so I'll do both in a form of 'internet speak'

lol :(

must be walmart

Nope. I'd never succumb to applying there.
Besides, I wouldn't call Walmart a grocery store.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:59:53 PM by Mr.Noßody »

I bet you don't get payed enough to wipe other people's stuff.

I just can't help but wonder what the story behind it was. Was it a prank? An old person who couldn't make it? A very lazy person?

Id have to see the security camera footage to find out for sure. However, I don't have direct access to that.

Changed the topic name because the first one went over too many heads.
You simpletons..

I still have yet to witness someone being insane enough to stuff in public

But then again my town is usually a quiet place

woot, hope the sequel is better

I just can't help but wonder what the story behind it was. Was it a prank? An old person who couldn't make it? A very lazy person?

Id have to see the security camera footage to find out for sure. However, I don't have direct access to that.
Bribe the security guy to tell you.
Also wtf is a porter?

"The Porter" is most stores term for the Maintenance Department.
Because there is generally one of us on duty at any time, we are "The Porter"

If you fill out an application you'd see it under "Where would you like to work?"

(I knew this would bring confusion, but I do explain it in my first sentence in the OP.)

i came here thinking port was here

I love how they decided to hide it under a chair.
Also make episode 2 about the bottle room.