Store Management Adventures with Mr.Noßody Ep: 2

Author Topic: Store Management Adventures with Mr.Noßody Ep: 2  (Read 765 times)

Backstory
I work at a grocery store as the Maintenance Manager aka "The Porter". What that essentially is, is the guy who keeps things running, neat and orderly. If a soda machine breaks down, I have to fix it. If a light goes out, I replace it. If somebody dies in the bathroom, I dispose of the evidence. My job is not limited to cleaning, repairs, and overall store appearance. I take the departments trash away, clean the bathrooms and sweep floors when needed.

"The God-Dammed Madhouse"
Episode 2

Today was loving hell. My local area is expecting a massive storm, so like the mass of hysteria the general public is, everybody is mobbing the store grabbing all they can. (I don't understand why people get perishable items if they expect the power to go out..) By far one of the busiest days Ive seen since Christmas eve. There were people everywhere. I normally have no problem with having customers in the store, but the point where they stand there obliviously looking at the same jar of mayonnaise for 12 minutes is where I draw boundaries.

I normally have with me at any one time either a wide broom, a massive trash trolly (trash bin on wheels), or the Porter Dolly (The cart with all my 'fixit supplies). Each of these demands a hefty sum of space when navigating the isles. Of course, having these stagnant shoppers about makes my 30 min jobs take twice as long, mainly by trying to get to my destination. I looove it when a customer cuts me off then proceeds to go at snail pace, or when they have their cart on one side of them while they stand on the other effectively blocking the entire isle. So great! I swear those bastards are training to be car chasers practicing their blocking.

I also obtained a new record of 8 different spills! Yay! 1: Shattered glass bottle of seltzer water strewn down an isle. 2: Full 2 liter bottle of Coke. 3: Someone puked. 4: Mystery liquid trailed into store. 5: Entire case of beer bumped off shelf by fat mans ass (good work). 6: Some starfish reenacted Hanzle and Grettle by dropping cracker bits down four isles. 7 and 8: Two 2gal jugs of water were dropped on either side of the store at the same time. Shet.

It was a long 9 hour day.

Summary

The store I work at was zerg-rushed by people panicking over a predicted storm that is supposed to land making my job hell. Customers have no shame standing in my way when I'm busy working my ass off making me become more behind. I had to clean up 8 separate spills:
1: Shattered glass bottle of seltzer water strewn down an isle. 2: Full 2 liter bottle of Coke. 3: Someone puked. 4: Mystery liquid trailed into store. 5: Entire case of beer bumped off shelf by fat mans ass (good work). 6: Some starfish reenacted Hanzle and Grettle by dropping cracker bits down four isles. 7 and 8: Two 2gal jugs of water were dropped on either side of the store at the same time.

See Episode 1 Here
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 09:30:41 PM by Mr.Noßody »

i thought all garbage cans had wheels

i thought all garbage cans had wheels

Think the big garbage cans times 3.
That's what I use to empty the departments trash.

Think the big garbage cans times 3.
That's what I use to empty the departments trash.

you mean the ones people dumbster dive in?

you mean the ones people dumbster dive in?
No its the kind that people smartster dive in.

"My job is not limited to cleaning, repairs, and overall store appearance."

Yet everything you did involved cleaning, repairs, or overall store appearance...

I pray you, remember the Porter!

That's right I got that MacBeth reference.

"My job is not limited to cleaning, repairs, and overall store appearance."

Yet everything you did involved cleaning, repairs, or overall store appearance...

Technically, that is all I do..

Nominated for most depressing series of topics 2012.

brother you confuse me

I do do other things, but I choose to post about the more gritty and aggravating side. Aka the cleaning, repairs, and overall store appearance.

I could reword it.

Nominated for most depressing series of topics 2012.

Don't worry, Ill have more.