Store Management Adventures with Mr.Noßody Ep: 3

Author Topic: Store Management Adventures with Mr.Noßody Ep: 3  (Read 442 times)

Backstory
I work at a grocery store as the Maintenance Manager aka "The Porter". What that essentially is, is the guy who keeps things running, neat and orderly. If a soda machine breaks down, I have to fix it. If a light goes out, I replace it. If somebody dies in the bathroom, I dispose of the evidence. My job is not limited to cleaning, repairs, and overall store appearance. I take the departments trash away, clean the bathrooms and sweep floors when needed.

"Sandy, I need water!"
Episode 3

Unless you live under a rock, you know that the east coast is being hammered by hurricane Sandy. And what does my job go and do? They schedule me outside during the worst of it. Im in an area right out of the evac zone so Ill see the worst of it first hand. So here I am, filling in for someone pushing carts in a loving hurricane. It's raining sideways..

Luckily, people are being merciful and leaving their carts under the overhang. But damn. The cheap ass raincoat they provided works against you and collects rain. It's full of holes and has no front buttons. Genius! A tip to customers that think its a good idea to grocery shop during a loving hurricane: Don't leave your cart in the damned lot, the wind throws them. I'm stuck here watching trees fall, power go out around me, and terrestrial rain pour on my head. Having a good time.

Best part, someone tried to shoplift us too. The store director chased them out the store screaming and throwing stuff. It was hilarious. Damn! As I was typing, the power went out and on three times. Good thing I'm on a phone.

Summary

I'm pushing carts in a loving hurricane and someone tried to shoplift some baby formula from us too.
Power just went on and off 3 times during me typing this.

See Episode 1 Here

See Episode 2 Here
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 07:14:43 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Sounds like you've got a hard time ahead of you; good luck. This really makes me appreciate living in the mountains.

where is episode 2
why don't you just put them all in one topic and bump it when you add a new one

where is episode 2
why don't you just put them all in one topic and bump it when you add a new one

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=212460.0

You finally released Episode 3!

Woot, can't for ep 4

Oh, forgot to link episode two..