Poll

Yo.

dog1
0 (0%)
dog2
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Open-world space western project (WIP)  (Read 4853 times)

CONTENT NOT FINAL

Current work in progress Note that any of these builds may not be present in the final build.

S Y N O P S I S

Through one way or another, you've ended up in the remote little hellhole known colloquially as "Last Step". The remains of a once technologically advanced metropolis of the Old World, Last Step has since become an airborne shanty town relying on 18th century ingenuity, situated in a debris field above a floating megacontinent known as the "Lower World", and the first step of your adventure.

- Working on this bit -

Sound ambitious? That's probably due to my very limited knowledge of this game's limits!

S E T T I N G

There seems to be some confusion over what I am referring to by "space western". Let me elaborate on that a little.

If you read the synopsis I've provided, you should be familiar with the setting I have in mind. This shattered world has been reduced to a frontier land fought over with primitive technology. Last Step may not end up looking like a western town, but I want it to feel like one might have. Outlaws, horses, and the like will be included (I hope), but I want to branch out. If you want a diehard cowboy roleplay, it has been done before, and more recent ones are looking really good.

Pirates? Exploring the solar system? This is ambitious as it is; I will think about it, but they're just possibilites right now.

P O S I T I O N S

I can build. That's about it. I have a Kindergarten-grade understanding of events and scripting, and lighting is beyond me. When I start to need help (which I will), I will request it here.

You will need to apply for a position. You don't need to show me something with 90,000 bricks or events, just something that proves you are capable of performing the task at hand (and aren't a richard).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 04:57:03 PM by End »

Voting Results: Themes

#       Theme
9Space Western
5Post-Apocalyptic
7Pirates
5Stranded
2Generic
4Jurassic
4Space Western + Pirates
0Stranded + Space Western
1Stranded + Pirates
2Stranded + Jurassic
4Other

Total Voters: 43

Voting Results: Hellspawn

#       Hellspawn
13Ants
16Spiders

Total Voters: 29
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 04:03:38 PM by End »

i've got the biggest boner for westerns and whatnot so a sort of space westerny, used-future kind of deal would be pretty neat

hostile camps could be strewn out here and there as bandits, weapons could be essentially modern but with a few weird 'future' quirks here and there

I have a post apocolyptic city build that I wouldn't mind being used part of some sort open-world adventure.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:23:29 PM by Harm94 »

It seems that the "Lost" type really has little to do with the TV show, other than being on an island... so why not just change that to "Island" or "Stranded" ?
Unless you mean to have supernatural elements to it, then that should be mentioned.

It seems that the "Lost" type really has little to do with the TV show, other than being on an island... so why not just change that to "Island" or "Stranded" ?
Unless you mean to have supernatural elements to it, then that should be mentioned.
Good point. Making the change.

I think islands and jungles would be cool, but the problem is that those are generally really brick intensive.

I think islands and jungles would be cool, but the problem is that those are generally really brick intensive.
ikr

It would be cool to hide caves and other secrets throughout underbrush. Oh well.

western with futuristic guns

stranded / pirates
in case you didn't know badspot / ephialtes / mods have boners for pirate stuff and its present in this game all over the place

I updated the poll. It's now relevant.

Anyone have any ideas on how to integrate building?

Make A really large part of a spaceship hull. Then have a bunch of people add on to it for a really large spaceship.

i'd say western. its not really done and has the potential to be awesome. and im already working on pirates that will easily SINK all other pirate servers. you'll get HOOKed on the gameplay. its exPEGted to be out next year!

i'd rank them in order based on the description:
western
post-apoc
pirates
future
the other stuff

Make A really large part of a spaceship hull. Then have a bunch of people add on to it for a really large spaceship.
That's a cool idea, but not really what I'm looking to do.

i'd say western. its not really done and has the potential to be awesome. and im already working on pirates that will easily SINK all other pirate servers. you'll get HOOKed on the gameplay. its exPEGted to be out next year!

i'd rank them in order based on the description:
western
post-apoc
pirates
future
the other stuff

Could you be more sPACIFIC? Anything you're looking to see gameplay-wise?

ok i'll just list some quickly. its not like i cari bout bean formal or anything.

it would be nice to be able to split away from the main town. robbing would be nice to have, as well as a wanted system for criminals. a railway would be sweet too.