I'm going to be a father in 7 1/2 months

Author Topic: I'm going to be a father in 7 1/2 months  (Read 17921 times)

Hey guys, so recently I've had a lot of things going on, and a lot of stress that comes with it all.

I'm currently 16 years old, going to be 17 this December.  A week or so ago my girlfriend noticed that she had missed her period, so she took a pregnancy test, as we've been active in loveual activity recently, and next thing you know.  I'm going to be a dad.

I'm not entirely sure what I take from this, a part of me wants to sit and embrace the child within myself and isolate myself, and the other half wants to be the man I'm supposed to be and get my life together so I can make this work.  I'm really torn right now.

So yeah, I'm not here to plead for your sympathy, I want your guys' opinions and/or your own stories about things like this.  I'm also 100% open to criticism, as long as it's not as far as flaming.

/discuss

congratz,

and uh, you have my, sympathy.

First of all, why were you "doing it" before you even lived on your own?
That's just what I don't get about it, but it's so prevalent in society today that there's not a damn thing I can do about it.

Congratulations on your Parent Hood, question: Does your girlfriend drink alcohol or smoke? Cause y'know. That forgets babys right the hell up.

Also, I personally would make it work.

Wow...I couldn't even imagine being a dad, I'm 17. Mainly cuz i don't get any poontang and I don't have a girlfriend.

That's just what I don't get about it, but it's so prevalent in society today that there's not a damn thing I can do about it.

You must live in a pretty prude town or something. love isn't some sacred act reserved for married couples living on their own, at least where I live. It's unfortunate, but I know quite a few barely 15 year olds who get some every weekend (I exaggerate of course, but you catch my drift).

We've been together for 7 months, no that isn't an excuse, but to be honest.  I'm still immature in that aspect, and I made a huge mistake.

congratz,

and uh, you have my, sympathy.

Thank you for the congratulations :)

Congratulations on your Parent Hood, question: Does your girlfriend drink alcohol or smoke? Cause y'know. That forgets babys right the hell up.

Also, I personally would make it work.

Thank you, no she doesn't, she's a very nice, clean girl.
And I really hope I can

Wow...I couldn't even imagine being a dad, I'm 17. Mainly cuz i don't get any poontang and I don't have a girlfriend.

You must live in a pretty prude town or something. love isn't some sacred act reserved for married couples living on their own, at least where I live. It's unfortunate, but I know quite a few barely 15 year olds who get some every weekend (I exaggerate of course, but you catch my drift).

It hit me really hard just yesterday, my mind still can't fully wrap around what I've done.

your 16? :x

^_^ im not sure how that would happen...

but, um, sympathy. c:

What you need to do to train yourself:

Set an alarm, every two hours, with the sound of a loud crying baby.
Every, two, hours.

No matter the circumstances. Even while sleeping.

Repeat for 1 1/2 years.

call 16 and pregnant

Is your girlfriend excited about this? Like, does she want this to happen cause. I don't like abortions.

your 16? :x

^_^ im not sure how that would happen...

but, um, sympathy. c:
Thank you

call 16 and pregnant
Prefer not to

Is your girlfriend excited about this? Like, does she want this to happen cause. I don't like abortions.

We're leaning towards an open-adoption.

Congrats about your fatherhood, you have my sympathy.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:21:48 AM by Insomniac »

No, actually, where I live it's godawful too. I just find it disgusting. About to the extent of a phobia, really. Probably related to my deep-seated control freak; I've heard what happens when guys think with their richards and not with their heads, and I don't EVER want to wind up like that.

That and I don't wanna be the guy who has to make a topic like this.
We've been together for 7 months, no that isn't an excuse, but to be honest.  I'm still immature in that aspect, and I made a huge mistake.
Thank you, no she doesn't, she's a very nice, clean girl.
And I really hope I can
It hit me really hard just yesterday, my mind still can't fully wrap around what I've done.
Yeah... my cousin has been with his GF for four years and they aint done nothing.

I personally think it would help if all schools required a teen parenting course or something, but you know...

It could be worse; at least this girl is someone you WANT to be a regular in your life.

What you need to do to train yourself:

Set an alarm, every two hours, with the sound of a loud crying baby.
Every, two, hours.

No matter the circumstances. Even while sleeping.

Repeat for 1 1/2 years.
That sounds like one of the parenting classes, except you only do it for a week.
Don't even start
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
AGAIN